MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to install a smaller SC'r pulley? Is it harder than installing a bigger crank pulley? I would appreciate it if anyone who has done this before can give me some info. thanks.

·
Registered
299 Posts
My guess would be that it would be harder, because it would be harder to get at than a crank pulley...and theres some rewiring that would have to be done.

·
Registered
6,579 Posts
The SC does have to come out. It's a PITA the first time the second time it goes pretty smotth. I have a list of about 20 interested people for a smaller SC so I MIGHT be able to get speedchaser to do another run. I should have instruction for the pulley install in a couple of days or so. STill waiting on my dial indicator from habour freight.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I have some info on some cheap shims from McMaster and a part number for a gatorback belt. I keep forgetting to grab the part numbers out of the shop. I had to use somehthing like 7-8 of the thicker shims to get the air gap right. I bought a bag of 50 from McMaster for the same price as 4 or 5 from Toyota. I have yet to run the motor, so I can' comment on how well it works.

-Rob

·
Registered
414 Posts
supermr2 said:
The SC does have to come out. It's a PITA the first time the second time it goes pretty smotth. I have a list of about 20 interested people for a smaller SC so I MIGHT be able to get speedchaser to do another run. I should have instruction for the pulley install in a couple of days or so. STill waiting on my dial indicator from habour freight.
How can I add my name to that list?

Brett

·
Registered
431 Posts
Anyone have any of the special nut that's required to mount the pulley to a US spec SC12? If anyone can sell me one it would really help.

I have e-mailed speedchaser a couple of times about getting one but haven't heard back. I have a 95mm pulley that will go on in a month or 2 & I hope to get it dynoed.

·
Registered
693 Posts
robf said:
I have some info on some cheap shims from McMaster and a part number for a gatorback belt. I keep forgetting to grab the part numbers out of the shop. I had to use somehthing like 7-8 of the thicker shims to get the air gap right. I bought a bag of 50 from McMaster for the same price as 4 or 5 from Toyota. I have yet to run the motor, so I can' comment on how well it works.

-Rob
I would be very interested in those part #'s, particularly the Gatorback belt...

Thanks!

·
Registered
724 Posts
For the shims, the part number is 90135A461 from www.mcmaster.com.

They are 18-8 SS and 0.030" thick. It was very difficult finding the correct size. There are copper crush washers in that size, but when you torque them down, they crush :) So they will not work. It's $11.90 for a pack of 50, and I think each shim from Toyota was $2 or so. I still have quite a few left that I would be willing to mail out for a few bucks. I needed 7 or 8.

I will try to remember to get the part # for the belt tonight.

-Rob

·
Registered
6,579 Posts
brettro82 said:
How can I add my name to that list?

Brett
email me @ [email protected] and I will keep your name on file. This may be awhile. Hey Rob did you use a shorter belt than stock?

·
Registered
6,579 Posts
I personally would like a smaller one than the 103mm that was on the last group buy. This is all really just talk but I do have over 25 emails from people looking for a pulley. I believe I might be able to get speedchaser to do another run if there is enough interested.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Robf, thanks for the info on the part nos. for the belt, i would like to buy the extra shims you have, maybe 10 shims just in case, as I would be doing the install in springtime. Pls. pm me how much and i guess by mail to Toronto M1E1E5 and together with your paypal addy. :thumbup

Cheers,
DQ
89MR2SC

[email protected]

P.S. Pls. give us feedback once you have tested the speedchaser pulley in your car on the road. I cant wait to get mine installed its just still too chilly in the garage to do any work on my 2 right now,thanks again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
supermr2 said:
I personally would like a smaller one than the 103mm that was on the last group buy. This is all really just talk but I do have over 25 emails from people looking for a pulley. I believe I might be able to get speedchaser to do another run if there is enough interested.
Add another one. I'm very interested in the pulley.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts