MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to SAR (san antonio raceway) tonight with my 86 hardtop w/ a smallport swap and ran a best time of 15.6233 on my second run. After that i couldnt do better than a 15.8 and i did many of those. My 60ft on the good run was a 2.2462 (compared to the 12 second mudstain that ran a 2.2437) and i trapped at 87.72. I also got a chance to weigh my car and it came out to 2465 with me in it (im about 158 lbs). So what do yall think? need any more info i got the slip and my list of mod's...soon i hope to spray her with a 50 shot :eek:

G

·
0 Posts
did ya use a small port intake manifold..? Small port injectors..? What is your timing looking like..? What exhaust manifold / system..? Old large port cams or stock cams..?

My buddies mr2 we did a swap in netted a 14.9 but the head was fully rebuilt / street ported even though it did not have to be, shimmed on the tight side with low milage 240 large port cams, and an hks .7mm headgasket, small port injectors, kbd header and custom exhaust etc.. All on 91 pump gas. We estimated close to 11:1compression.

He weighs about 120 pounds and his car may have been lighter... but I think you will get there soon!

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No im still on the stock 4age ecu, tranny and axles. Its a Jdm small port so it has the 240 cams stock but fit for the small port, as for injectors im not to sure, the guy said he had twin spray injectors in there (anyone care to explain that?). the engine is port and polished, fresh cut valves, new valve seals, Decked head by 3 thousandths, HKS metal head gasket (so i was told). I also have headers into a 2.5" y-pipe with magna flow cat and muffler. From what ive read and learned so far i think my compression is like 10.3:1. So is something wrong? Or am i getting the wrong impression from yall?

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also i have the stock body with nothing but the speakers and spare tire taken out., I have the side skirts and the wing. What all does your buddy have to make it lighter?

·
Registered
534 Posts
It would be much better to do the following:

Get the correct wire loom and sensors (MAP etc) for the small port.
Get the correct ECU for the small port.
Use the large port camshafts and reshim.

Have fun...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts