MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my brand new slot drilled rotors. But 2 of them are alot thicker than the other two. Wich ones go on the front wheels and wich ones go on the back?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found a problem. The very last rotor is smaller than the others.
The rear passenger side rotor is smaller than the rest. The rotor im trying to put on is big and the caliper wont fit on. What do i do??! Is this normal for 88's?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i put them on right. But that specific rotor was smaller than the new ones. And it must have been designed that way cause i just found out the caliper isnt deep enough and the bolts wont line up. Im guessing it has something to do with the e-brake

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
I would guess that there had been some repairs or replacement of parts some time ago and the early caliper bracket was used. The calipers should be all the same between the early and late cars.

·
Registered
369 Posts
yea, i have slotted/drilled rotors.
which way are they supposed to be installed?
let's say looking at front passanger side.
/
o
/

OR

\
o
\

?

·
Registered
9,201 Posts
What year is your car? It almost sounds like somebody did the later brake upgrade, but only di 3 of them. You might need the later caliper bracket for that one.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
you'll be replacing them soon enough... so don't worry how you mount them

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My car is an 88. I dont get why you guys ask wich way the slots go. The rotors can only be put on one way. It's impossible the other way. ??????

·
MR2-less
9,855 Posts
DaveZombie said:
My car is an 88. I dont get why you guys ask wich way the slots go. The rotors can only be put on one way. It's impossible the other way. ??????

Each set of rotors (let's say the two for the front) should have the slots angled a different way so you can put one on each side of the front but the slots on both sides are facing the same direction. If both your front rotors are identical then they gave you two rotors for the same side.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For some reason i couldnt understand what you wrote considering how many times i read it lol. So i took pictures.

Front Driver side

Rear Driver side

Front Passenger side

And Rear passenger side. Wich wont fit

And the rotor thats supposed to go on the rear pass

Now i get to see if they screwed up.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts