MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read some place about someone using that supercharger on the 4age. Info from that site (not a quote, typing from memory):
This is an Eaton made charger, roots type. Flows 1000cc. Has a smaller pulley than the SC12, and electronic clutch actuation.

Here is one listed on ebay with a pic:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Eato...33741QQitemZ8035394614QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Do you think installing this charger on a 4age (na) will present problems in the long run as compared to a regular sc12 on the same engine?

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
what problems...be more specific...there has been someone on this board that has tried that setup a while ago, I forget who it was though

the SC on that is actually smaller then the SC12 unit

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it flows 1000cc as opposed to 1200cc for sc12 (see first post). But it'll spin faster due to smaller pulley size.

I mean any problems other than the ones associated with putting an sc12 on an NA 4age (stock internals).

·
Registered
946 Posts
daniel_gabriel said:
Yeah, it flows 1000cc as opposed to 1200cc for sc12 (see first post). But it'll spin faster due to smaller pulley size.

I mean any problems other than the ones associated with putting an sc12 on an NA 4age (stock internals).
Right, but then you could make the sc12 spin faster also, by getting a different pulley.

Myk

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right, but it seems close to impossible to find an sc12 charger in good condition (haven't seen one on here for a while, and not on ebay). And there are quite a few m62's chargers to be had.

Since there is much fabrication to be done to fit a charger on the 4age if you don't have all the bits and pieces, it doesn't really matter which charger it is (as long as it's comparable to the sc12)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts