MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,816 Posts
Just to muddy the waters a bit, I bought one from an FJ Cruiser, as that's the one that I read would work a few years ago! Looking at ToyoDIY, the 2006-2014 FJ and the 2002-2009 4Runner all use the same compressor.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Mechanical engineer here ain't skeerd of a little wiring! Pretty sure the other wires are for a sensor of some sort built into the compressor (or at least they are on the 1GR compressor). But on the Sienna and other 2GR applications, they may also be for a modulation valve or something? I know I have read of others having issues running the 2GR compressor without the associated 2GR A/C control system, which is why a lot of people are using the 1GR compressor instead.

Also, what kind of pulley is that? It doesn't appear to have any grooves in it.
Sorry, I mis-spoke in my original thread. I ordered this from Rockauto for a 1GR engine, not a 2gr.
I took the pulley off to make it easier to mock up the coolant lines. Didn't want to repeatedly install and remove the serpentine belt, during the mockup process.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Okay… RockAuto shipped me what I believe to be the correct compressor..please confirm. (FWIW: It looks nearly identical to the one Merryfrankster posted in post#14)
Denso Air Compressor 1.jpg
DENSO Air Compressor2.jpg
DENSO Air Compressor3.jpg

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
That looks right. The triangular connector plugs into the 2GR-FE engine harness. You can release it from the body of the compressor to help it reach. That two-pin plug at the clutch needs to be plugged in - like in the other picture that I posted. There must be a two-pin connector dangling out of the frame somewhere.
Thanks, I unplugged the two pin connector just so the picture would make sense.

·
Registered
36 Posts
How can we tell how much refrigerant to use of the ES-12a (now known as non HFC-r134a) considering even less is needed vs conventional R134a? The "proper" way.

I'm assuming most people will charge a whole can then run the compressor and see if it's blowing cold?

·
Registered
80 Posts
So if I'm reading this correctly you order the following hoses:
FOUR SEASONS 55414
FOUR SEASONS 55189

A/C fittings:
RB-1307
RB-1312
(RB-1302 optional for 1312 if you don't feel like clocking line, will have to bend straight fitting)

Cut the ends off the hoses to length measured from end of compressor side fitting:

55414 #8 = 9-3/4"
55189 #10= 8-1/4

Have fittings crimped on and install to:

DENSO 4711413
using 7.75 oz Ester oil

21 - 32 of 32 Posts