MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well i goofed around in ms paint and tried to make what i saw in this car. I never really used this but here you go.

concept

front end shorted and wheels pushed out to reduce over hang and the mr2 engine lid.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
You mean something like this? Or you thinking more rear and smaller wheels?

And remember to think of it the size and weight of a mr2 spyder,

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
n0ti5 said:

With all the laws and regulations today, Toyota will probably never make a car even close to the weight of an MR2 Spyder.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MR2Singh said:
With all the laws and regulations today, Toyota will probably never make a car even close to the weight of an MR2 Spyder.
I would have to disagree with you. Ill list a few new cars that are smaller than an mr2 spyder, and they pass all the DOT standards.
-Mitsubishi i
-Fiat 500
-Mini cooper
-Honda CRZ (it is a little bigger than a spyder)

These two are smaller and lighter than a spyder and you can buy brand new.
-Smart
-Scion IQ (also happens to be a toyota, so this proves toyota can and did make a car lighter and smaller).

So see cars can still be made small and light but will any company go back to making small and light sports cars/coupes is the real question. Toyota can if they wanted to, but its not profitable for them they wont spend the time or money in a dying market.

But back on the concept "Supra". I guess i didnt explain my self. I mean to say i like the curves and design of this concept but if the proportions where changed (like in the ms paint i did) it would "fit" the mr2 design well (imho).

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
n0ti5 said:

Yes. This is the right car to replace the MR2 Spyder. A little extra room behind the driver is always a good thing from the perspective of fitting more powerful motors! I don't want anything larger than a 16 inch wheel on my cars.

Make a car that looks like this and keep the weight to no more than 2200lbs and I'd be lining up to buy two of them.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I like the ms paint rendering as well. Looks better to me that one those cali art school under grads made! HAHA! Come on... where the hell is my handsome, agile and fast mk4?!

·
Registered
524 Posts
i wouldnt be suprised if an mkIV is possibly in the back of toyotas mind i mean if mazda's redesigned RX7 actually hits the showroom floor around the time that nissan produces the first of the GT-Rs, i would be half tempted to see what toyotas vision for speed would be

new supra mayb, but supras are no MR2 i mean thats why were here right

1 - 19 of 19 Posts