MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who and what makes are good for buying a Short Shifter. And we all know that CRAP is the new cool. You know....like a short shifter on ebay for $9...which'll bend when the car warms up...but anyways. WHat would be a good purchase!? And are the cheap ones actually good?

THANKS BUDDAYS!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm pretty sure B&M has one....also there's the one from twosRus. I haven't looked into it as hard as I should have to really offer any real advise.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Actually if you have a 91/92 a 93+ shifter would be a pretty good improvement since its oem and its shorter. You can get it at TwosRUs which i did.

·
Registered
378 Posts
the question is... which one has the shortest throw? I think the 93+ short shifter is just the 91-92 shifter but sliced off a bit. I think the B&M has the shortest throw.

·
1994 SMG N/A
3,197 Posts
From what I've read, I think the C's short shifter has the shortest throw. There was a guy who had one on his and said it was really short but this was before the board was redone again so I can't find the thread or pictures. I have a '93 and I think the throw is just about perfect. Extremely precise but could be just a tad shorter.

·
Registered
21,388 Posts
.. you can chop off the threads of your shifter, and rethread the lever a little lower.. it doesnt have the same mechanical operation as a true short shifter, but if you have a 91/92 its better than having the monster truck shifter!

.. if you can weld, or know someone that can, you can cut off the threads, chop about 3/4 inch of the lever, weld the threads back on, and weld the tab about 3/4 inch higher on the rod. its literally exactly the same as the TRD shifter.. or you can weld it higher and have an even shorter shifter!

·
Registered
79 Posts
only buy the b&M counter weighted shifter. the counter weight has made all the difference for me i have put the cheaper ones in in my old cars and the are ______. the B&M if your a big guy like me will not break or bend under pressure and not only that but it just rocks. another thing that help is a weighted ball spend the money on a nice and heavy one my shifter falls in to place under these conditions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts