MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
WWW.TECHNICALGARAGE.COM
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my clutch is slowly slipping on my 87 mr2 and I would like to know any good decent shops I can take my aw11 to get it replaced. Also how much would it cost? I'm in San Francisco btw

·
Registered
333 Posts
i went to clutch mart in berkeley cost me 400 total and they give a 2 year warrenty lol

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
You guys should do it so you can post the step by step instructions on technical garage. (I just checked it and saw the shift cable instructions)

IMO, the clutch change isn't that bad ... ON AN NA MKI (a nightmare on an MKIIT) .. if it's your first time .. give yourself 8 to 10 hours.

Su

·
WWW.TECHNICALGARAGE.COM
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey su, would you mind helping me out? I can learn a lot from you and I can post it on technical garage of course giving you most of the credit haha, anyways give me a heads up if you would like to help me out

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Damn 400 for a clutch job? I get twice that easily I would lose money big time for that price. Ah well pay peanuts get monkeys :D

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I don't have the knowledge to do my own clutch, but mine does need to be done.. So if you guys know any shops in the Sacramento area, post them too.

Unless you want to make it a clutch replacement day and let me join in~

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Alan said:
hey su, would you mind helping me out? I can learn a lot from you and I can post it on technical garage of course giving you most of the credit haha, anyways give me a heads up if you would like to help me out
I'm actually supervising an MR2 owner in doing a clutch change whenever he request time off for the weekend. (btw, I'm just supervising, I'm not touching the car since I don't want to get dirty) So if you're interested in giving this guy a hand (boardname Turbro or MR2CAD), contact him to see when he will do it.) BTW, it's an MR2 turbo so it's harder then an NA MKI.

Clutch Mart charges $300 for labor only if you bring you own clutch. A number of mr2 have their clutch change there and that's where I direct everyone who emails me for a clutch change.

Su

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
supahamster said:
Clutch mart does a pretty good job. There is a 2-year warranty on the clutch, but you still gotta pay for the labor.
I have re-done a couple they did... never saw so many missing bolts. ymmv

1 - 11 of 11 Posts