MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished installing a new clutch in my car and hooked everything up including the shift linkage that connects to the clutch release cylinder and went to start my car and realized the shifter is angled off to the right. I can shift between 1st and 2nd but I can't get over far enough to the right to shift into 3rd, 4th and 5th. The shift linkage is connected correctly to the clutch release cylinder. How can I adjust the shifter so it is straight again? Do I play with the linkage at the shifter or where it connects to the release cylinder?

·
Premium Member
9,210 Posts
Simple task.. One of you move the shifter around up down left and right. While the other looks at the selector fork connections on the transmission side in the engine bay. If you only see one lever moving it?s because you snapped a cable.

see Gocasen post with pics:
http://mr2oc.com/showpost.php?p=1612287&postcount=12

Best fo luck.

·
Premium Member
9,210 Posts
Can you give more information on your fix? Because there are no settings for the linkage! Its only a clip that sets everything in one specific place... do you have a custom setup?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No its not a custom set up. there are 2 cables for the linkage. the top linkage controls the shifts up and down. the bottom linkage controls the side to side movement. there are two bolts that make the bottom linkage mount moveable (it is located just below and to the right of the driver-side motor/ transmition mount). I loosened the two bolts, set my shifter in the center, then connected the linkage to the mount and put the pin in it. after that i tightened the two bolts down.

·
Premium Member
9,210 Posts
Hmm.. Mine is not adjustable.. Once I loosen up the bolts it has limited movement. Once it?s tightened it is locked in place. I guess yours has more movement than I have on mine.. Anyway.. Glad that it fixed your problem..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.