MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My shift boot is really old and has a hole in it, anybody replace theirs? any recommendations on where to get one? I was thinking of buying a black leather one w/ red stitching from Redline Accessories $40 US + shipping.

·
Master of Twos R Us
21,767 Posts
The Redline one is probably the best replacement you're going to find. We sell them for $40 shipped to Canada.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Mark,

I changed mine last summer. I was going to go with the one from twosrus but decided to go with this one

http://www.bcmr2.com

click mechandise

It cost $45 CDN shipped and I had heard good things about it. I did have some minor install issues. I have it in the car now, which I can show you at one of our meets (if you are interested and haven't already bought one by then).

Of course the I have heard good things about the twosrus boot and David is definitely someone who you do not have to worry about doing business with. Like I said I would have gone with that one if I could have arranged to buy it directly from him at a meet somewhere, therefore saving shipping and duties... next one will be from him....

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Pat, I considering that one as well because it looks almost identical to the one tworus offers. Thanks for the info! :)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got my shift boot from Redlinegoods.com yesterday. Black with red stitching, looks to be very good quality. Anythings better than my existing boot, just sucks to spend $36 US on a little piece of leather. Only took 3 days to get here from Poland. Should look good with my new short shift and shift knob.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
my stock one is still in perfect condition...maybe i'm lucky???.....so is my ashtray...no crack yet.....*knocks on wood.......

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Check Rhonsmr2 on forum.kbox.ca. She is from UK and she is making the leather shift boot. They look very nice.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
is it okay to not use a shift boot. will there be any damage or what not. i currently have no shift boot on just wondering if it damages any componets or is unhealty for the shifter?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
yea I was just wondering. I took the shift boot of to see if there's any change to how it looks. belive me a silver shift knob in totally black interior is sort of very focusing to the knob that is. the knob came with something on it so it actually looks like the shift lever is thick.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts