MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Runs... marginally... but she runs once again. Which means I can get her to the condo and start prepping for a swap, without paying a tow bill, etc.

Exciting day.

- Ben

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Awesome! I can't wait to start working on it! When and where are you gonna order the engine?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Soon as I get some estimates back on half-cuts, I can get the ball rolling :)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to do it myself, but... it's not going to be an out-and-in deal. I'm going to be getting a half-cut and removing the engine and what parts I need, then building mock-ups and such, replacing water pump, timing belt, etc while it's out of the car... and I'm going to paint the engine. It's going to be in my garage for a good month before it even goes into the car.

Another thing - it's not going to be a normal swap. I'm not going to stay SC; I'll be turbocharging it, so there will be some things I will do that the average NA>SC swap will not involve; likewise I will be able to skip some of the steps of a straight swap.

What I *will* do is take tons of pictures and document everything. I'll be sure to post when my half-cut arrives, and keep a running log on the boards.

- Ben Reilley

·
Registered
672 Posts
im kinda confused....is this a 1.5 swap. or turbo'ing a "what is an sc" motor.

i missed something and was wondering if you could clarify.

and....what is the car originally?

by the thread, id guess it to be a bad sc, but now-a-days, ya never know.
just trying to be in the loop

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is my '86 NA with the blown-headgasket mod. I'm waiting on people to call/email me back about '89 Supercharged half-cuts so I can take the low-compression supercharged engine, sell the supercharger, manifolds and associated ductwork, and throw together a semi-ghetto 4A-GTE running on GZE electronics. Idea is also to get a transaxle from the newer Celica GT-S(6-speed) and alter the shift linkage to make it fit... along with some other basic while-I'm-that-far-into-the-car work.

- Ben

·
Registered
672 Posts
sounds interesting

thanks for the info

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
BReilley said:
This is my '86 NA with the blown-headgasket mod.
- Ben
Nice, how much HP did you get out of that mod? For free, it must be a great bang for your buck... :thumbdown

1 - 9 of 9 Posts