MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a '90 mr2 with the 3s-ge engine in it. The engine has no modification.
The problems:
* engine doesn't have the performance it should have. When launching from a stop, it accelarate VERY VERY slowly. It looks like timing is waaaaaaaaaaay off. You could get killed when you accelerate like this cause other carscan ram into you.
*There was a loud clicking sound coming from the engine. It sounded like something is broken inside. Today I decided to check the big bolts on the crank (middle in the pulley), and to my surprise it was totally loose. I could untight it with my hand. So that was later fully tighten. The clicking sound was reduced, but not eliminated. When the engine is running, the pulley doesn't rotate in a circular way, but more in a oval way.
* Also is this a crankshaft sensor? http://www.teamswift.net/album_page.php?pic_id=6957 When the engine is running, I disconnected the plug from it. But nothing happens.

Please help me solve these problems.

Thank you!

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
^ extremely helpful :rolleyes:

sounds like your vibration dampner's rubber has worn out. a new one should fix the "oval spinning" you see!

is that the oil level sensor?

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dijital357 said:
^ extremely helpful :rolleyes:

sounds like your vibration dampner's rubber has worn out. a new one should fix the "oval spinning" you see!

is that the oil level sensor?
ok thanks for that, but how about the acceleration problem??? :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts