MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Official schedule has yet to be announced, but this is the tenative date.

More details here:
http://www.pahillclimb.org/

Anyone who wants to get involved in Hill Climb racing ... feel free to contact me. As long as Hyde is running, I will be at this event. :thumbup

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hyde is back together and running stronger than ever ... so I will be at this event.
Fabio is entering as well.

Anyone coming out to spectate?

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Presuming I have nothing to do this weekend, I should be there.

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol ... Kevin, I would hate for you to go too far out of your way to spectate.
I realize this event is 5 feet from your house and all :p

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
:) Well right now I am scheduled to work 5 hours on Saturday, 11am-4pm. I doubt we will have to work though. Basically if we can get enough work done during the week Saturday will be cancelled.

·
Duck Tape Level
1,331 Posts
I'll see, I have some work to do to my car this weekend but maybe Sunday afternoon.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
What kind of work are you doing to your car Mark? Lots of tools here. ;)

I still don't know if I will be working or not on Saturday. As of right now it is still scheduled for 11am-5pm. Not sure what is all going on Sunday either yet.

·
Duck Tape Level
1,331 Posts
Changing front ball joints again. The boot ripped on one and it's making clunking noises so I'm changing them both.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Ahh, that's easy enough. I am off tomorrow so I will be around for the most part of the day. I know I'll probably sleep until about 11am and then might not be around later at night. Sunday, I'm not sure yet...

If you would want we could change those here. Wouldn't take long at all. Your car is high enough that we wouldn't need to get blocks of wood out to fit a jack under it.

·
Duck Tape Level
1,331 Posts
Just saw your post now Kevin:) I changed both front ones Sat morning in my driveway in about 2.5 hours. Then I Tyler had a soccer game that I'd forgotten about so being the awesome father that I am I had to go watch the game Sat afternoon. I was going to come up today but I wasn't feeling very good so I decided to lounge on the couch and watch a movie instead. How did everybody do?

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
2.5 hours for two ball joints? Fun stuff there!

The event was good. I missed both mornings due to sleeping in and finally being awoken by the cars driving past my house. Luckily both days I was able to drive down the hill during lunch and not have to go the long way though.

Overall it was great. There was only one accident that I was aware of and it wasn't too bad from what I saw. There were only a small amount of other incidents also.

Jeff set a new record for SM2 at 60.079. Fabio's best time was 61.8 I believe.

Jeff typically has a nice write up of these events so I'll leave the rest of the details to him. I really think he could of got under the 60sec mark but he chose not to run the last two times.

BTW Fabio; thanks for finally inspiring me to finally fix that fender. My passenger side fender used to do the same thing but it didn't pop. The molding would catch and peel itself back on the door. I fixed that since once the molding was peeled back it would start smacking the door at like 70-80mph and was VERY annoying, more so than the fender popping when I opened my door. Also... there will be no fog lights while I retain the stock front bumper.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts