MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Coming from a previous Porsche ownership I have to say the older ones are a whore and a half to maintain. parts are expensive, the cars tend to nickel and dime you to death and repairing them is pricey. They are great cars but nothing beats the speed and reliability of an mr2 turbo.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Redlyne_mr2 said:
Coming from a previous Porsche ownership I have to say the older ones are a whore and a half to maintain. parts are expensive, the cars tend to nickel and dime you to death and repairing them is pricey. They are great cars but nothing beats the speed and reliability of an mr2 turbo.

Shhh, i'm thinking of getting this one up here man! :)

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I know this may sound a bit prude, but i am only telling you this as selling advice not because i am prude. but YOu might want to change the wording on your description to sell the car. I have personally found that even if the person really wants to buy this particular item, they may not because of curse words used, also I noticed that you said you were too cheap to repair the scratch in the drivers side. YOu might want to reword that because people may think well hey if he was too cheap to repair that then where else did he cut corners? Just a few words of advice, take them as you will but i am only trying to help you sell it.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ ^ Prude! ;) I don't see that stuff in my listing. :p

(Fixed. Actually, you're right. Thanks for the input.)

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
That sounds much better. If you want to I would also suggest taking out any personal opinions. Again I am not trying to be an ass or anyhting just trying to help you revise your listing to help you sell. here is my rules of thumb when listing something for sale.

1 No curse words
2 structured sentences not just key words
3 No personal opinions ( professional ok, Like from a magazine) (that actually helps a lot) personal opinions can be disagreed with and turn a buyer away because they dont like your opinion.
4 Provide good pictures of the CLEAN product. a picture of a dirty car will most certainly turn most people away. also choose a nice background ( dont use some crack alley as your setting for abvious reasons)
5 provide contact info and Name
6 be very detailed about the product, what is the product, how old, condition, color, etc...
7 If at all possible provide testimonials and contact info on the person. (this is a big hit because it proves they can trust you)

use it if you want to but if not thats ok too.

You seem to have used a lot of this guidline but there are some revisions that may help you sell.

nice car BTW

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
Kinda sad after 15 years you're letting her go. But that porsche is something else! Post more pics of that black beauty :)

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MR2Turbo7, thanks again for the feedback.

EvilElvis, yeah, I never thought I'd let her go. It hasn't really sunk in yet - maybe 'cuz I still have the car - but I'm sure it will impact me when the new owner drives off with it. :cry: I really love that car, it's really been a part of me, but I can't keep both. The 911 has always been a dream of mine. :thumbup More pics to come...

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I know its not the same but I had a 99' black Single Cab Dodge ram 1500 sport 4WD with a 5.9l (360ci) V8 it was a one of a kind truck.) It was Beautiful especially when freshly waxed and it was my first car. The day I let my Brother trade it in on his Mini and give me his 98 Audi A4 I was extremely sad and depressed. I did not think it would impact me that hard, But I felt like Sh&^ for that whole week! And I am trying to find the truck now to buy it back. I still regret letting it go! I hope you dont have near the heart ache I had. But somehow I doubt that you will have luck with that part of the sale.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I have a pending sale on my Deuce. I was hoping to get a nice photoshoot with my '05 TL that I bought last Septemeber, but I guess all I'll ever get is this lame driveway shoot I took today. That's my dad's '05 ES 330 in the garage.

And another shot of the '82 911SC. It's currently somewhere in Texas in an enclosed container en route to the West Coast. Longest @$%& wait of my life!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts