MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had recent experience with the purchase of seat covers? I am looking at a 91turbo that has leather seats in need of replacement covers. I would be happy with leather bolster and cloth inserts. Just point me in the direction of good quality covers from a trustworthy source.

cheers,

Bill

·
Registered
59 Posts
I recently bought a set of these from MR2Heaven:
I bought all black and black stitching. They are of good quality and fit.

Another source is MR ChopShop:
and

I have not purchased from MR2 Chop Shop, but you should check them out!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I was looking at the mr2 heaven ones. My only concern, being synthetic leather would be how hot they would get in the sun. I like the look of the mr2chopshop ones.

cheers,

Bill

·
Registered
59 Posts
Another option we were thinking of was just taking them to a local upholstery shop and choosing the actual materials/build we want. Our MR2 isn’t a daily driver and I really don’t like cleaning real
leather either. We live in an area that gets 100+ a few weeks in July and August and the seat covers aren’t bad. But the metal BloxRacing shift knob is another story until the car cools off (got a boot cover for it in those occasions).

·
Registered
11 Posts
I recently bought a set of these from MR2Heaven:
I bought all black and black stitching. They are of good quality and fit.

Another source is MR ChopShop:
and

I have not purchased from MR2 Chop Shop, but you should check them out!
We'll be working on my friend's '92 soon after we finished installing the new shocks from 4Wheelonline onto the Wrangler project. The seats need some TLC those look like great choices. We'll check them out later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts