MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Can someone show me where it goes through the throttle body for the NA? I can't find the correct vaccuum line and the pictures posted in previous threads no longer exist. Well the turbo one still is but the NA one isn't.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Its not the 3 that go aross the top of the manifold but the one that goes down the side of the throttle body. I think its the one on the left if you look from the drivers side.

·
Registered
280 Posts
claytus152 said:
Its not the 3 that go aross the top of the manifold but the one that goes down the side of the throttle body. I think its the one on the left if you look from the drivers side.

I circled it in the first picture - not sure if it's right. I attached a second picture if you can show me otherwise in the engine bay.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Rev the engine to where it won't die out while sucking up the seafoam. Pull the other end of that hose off and stick it in a cup with the seafoam in it or put a hose of similiar diameter on the throttle body where that hose is and stick the other end in the bottle. Then just before your finished let the engine die while sucking up the seafoam then start it ten minutes or so later but, do that at your own risk (I don't wanna be responsible for something crazy happening to your engine. But that is what I did.).

·
Registered
280 Posts
claytus152 said:
Rev the engine to where it won't die out while sucking up the seafoam. Pull the other end of that hose off and stick it in a cup with the seafoam in it or put a hose of similiar diameter on the throttle body where that hose is and stick the other end in the bottle. Then just before your finished let the engine die while sucking up the seafoam then start it ten minutes or so later but, do that at your own risk (I don't wanna be responsible for something crazy happening to your engine. But that is what I did.).
I only asked about this because on my 240sx there was a vacuum line attached which was more easily accessible than this. Thanks for the detailed help.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I tried this yesterday. Full bottle in tank. 1/4-1/3 bottle in oil. Then I put a full bottle of the spray can deep creep through the tb. I didnt get that much smoke but there was a bit. And I didnt notice any change in the car. Then today I put almost a full bottle of the regular seafoam through the tb and wow the smoke billowed out for about 15 minutes. And I do notice that the engine is now quieter and smoother. ( nothing huge though) So If you are doing this I would have to recomend using the regular seafoam over the deep creep seafoam spray. I give this product a :thumbup

·
Registered
7,497 Posts
Never heard of the "deep creep" one. I always use the original one.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Deep creep is about the same thing only in a aerosol type spray can. I think redhoof mentioned it in like part 2 or 3. But to me it did not work very well.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
claytus152 said:
I just got a bottle of seafoam today but I have a question to ask. I'm pretty much inline with Soldier X as I have a 91NA and I want to put seafoam through it. If I let the seafoam suck through that vacuum tube on the throttle body, wouldn't it only dispursed mostly to cylinders 4 and 3? Is there another vacuum hose on the other side of the intake plenum that I can run the seafoam through to get it evenly though the intake manifold and into the engine?

I hope to do this tomorrow night. Thank you.

·
Registered
224 Posts
hmong337 said:
I just got a bottle of seafoam today but I have a question to ask. I'm pretty much inline with Soldier X as I have a 91NA and I want to put seafoam through it. If I let the seafoam suck through that vacuum tube on the throttle body, wouldn't it only dispursed mostly to cylinders 4 and 3? Is there another vacuum hose on the other side of the intake plenum that I can run the seafoam through to get it evenly though the intake manifold and into the engine?

I hope to do this tomorrow night. Thank you.
My logic is that the seafoam will mix in the with air and be dispursed to all the cylinders, altho I'm sure not equally. However putting it through a vacum hose on the other side or even one of the 3 on the backside of plenum you wouldn't even get it into the fourth, third and prolly not even into the second cylinder since the air isn't even flowing that way. So the vacum hose on the throttle body seems to be the only feasible solution.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Okay... I just ran this seafoam product. 1/3 through the intake and 2/3 in the gas tank (I got a bit more than 1/2 tank 87 octane). Not as much white smoke as I expected (although it is dark outside and I couldn't see too well). However, I just got back from my 15-20 minute spirited drive. There's still valve tick though. I can't say I saw immediate results but the car does feel somewhat smoother. This is on a 5SFE with 109000 miles. I'll have to see in the morning if I still get blue smoke upon start up.

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
hmong337 said:
I'll have to see in the morning if I still get blue smoke upon start up.
I'm pretty sure that using Seafoam will have little or no effect on your leaky valve seals.

·
Registered
7,497 Posts
Nope. It won't make them worse or better... unless you let it sit in there for days or something! haha

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
TBeck2000 said:
I'm pretty sure that using Seafoam will have little or no effect on your leaky valve seals.
Hmmm... I'm sure that I read that somebody claimed that it did. Oh well because the blue smoke is still there upon start up. But as for power, my engine does feel more responsive.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I'm going to resurrect this thread from the DEAD!!

I'm going to be using Sea Foam before my next oil change. I'll post my results.

:smile:

41 - 60 of 79 Posts