MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
seber123 said:
Where should I poor SF if I want to clean the valves?
put it in via the vacum line going to the throttle body
use the vacum line for your car shown on the second page here:
http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=63351&page=2&pp=30
post #55 for turbos

seber123 said:
in the oil?
just pour some in oil filler cap (black cap with the oil can on it)
if your gonna put it in through the oil most ppl have success with keeping it in for a few hundred miles. however in older engines seafoam will break up sludge that is keeping oil in, so be warned.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
I know the line for the NA vaccum hose, i need to know the steps for putting it in properly, do i turn off the car after the seafoam is in through the throttle body or do i turn if off and turn it back on 15 later?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Be sure to take it for a good long ride after turning it back on.
BEWARE, the smoke show is alarming but comical! Especially that first initial WOT (wide open throttle).....makes james bond look like a wimp.

·
Registered
636 Posts
well, here is yet another success story. I used it in the TB and wow, what a difference and lots of smoke. I did put it in the gas tank, but i just filled up and i am a little ways from needing an oil change. But from what i noticed, smoother idle, smoother acceleration, and much easier to gain speed on the highway, it really worked.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
is it necessary to change the oil if i only use it in the tb and gas tank, or can i just wait to change it when it needs to, i still got like 400 miles before i change it and im planning on seafoaming it tomorrow

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you can do the seafoam tomorrow and change your oil later...even if you put seafoam in your oil, it is recommended that your drive for 1000miles before changing the oil.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Question: When it's running through my gas tank, will it smoke a bit coming out? My friends have said they've seen a little bit of dark smoke coming out when I get on the throttle. It's never happened before so I'm hoping its just the seafoam.

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
its not the seafoam..... i dont understand why this is still h\going on lol everyone should know that this stuff is great. dosent matter if its for the mr2 or a lawnmower it WORKS

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
nw_mr2 said:
Question: When it's running through my gas tank, will it smoke a bit coming out? My friends have said they've seen a little bit of dark smoke coming out when I get on the throttle. It's never happened before so I'm hoping its just the seafoam.

Dark Smoke = Rich. That's what happens when i get on it.

Who knows, the seafoam may have clogged up your O2 a tad. Just drive it on the highway a bunch and let it burn off over time. If not, new O2 time...

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I LOVE SEAFOAM just did it last night. BTW was anyone else able to blow smoke rings with the smoke. My car is alive once again it feels like she's brand new not nothing like a car with 137k under her belt. I'll start to spread the gossple of SEAFOAM now.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
RedRoof said:
Dark Smoke = Rich. That's what happens when i get on it.

Who knows, the seafoam may have clogged up your O2 a tad. Just drive it on the highway a bunch and let it burn off over time. If not, new O2 time...
Yep. I talked to a guy at Seafoam about it and thats what he said. Do you actually have to buy a new o2 sensor or is it cleanable?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts