MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the story, I recently moved and had to store my aquamarine pearl mkII infront of my bro's townhouse OUTSIDE. Over the weekend, we had some awful storms with gusts of wind that would literally take you off your feet. In the process, the wind tore of one of the securing straps to my car cover and their she went. The car cover blew all the way up, to the front, and off my car, only being held on by the tie down cable. This left a crap load of scratches on my paint. The scratches do not look to be very deep and only in the clear coat, although i did not get to see the extent to which the damage was done due to darkness. My question is:

What would be the best way to remove all of the scratches? When I wax my car, I've been using mothers 3 step, with a light electric buffer/polisher. I also use Mother's scratch remover while hand buffing. I'm not sure if this process will work on these scratches.

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
You should be fine with that process. If it doesnt work, take a trip to richmond and i will take them out for you free of charge;).

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, I appreciate it. I took a better look at her yesterday afternoon. The scratches aren't as bad as I thought. There are quite a few light scratches that I believe I can buff out. I just happened to find the deeper scratches the previous night and expected the worste. I like to overreact when it comes to my car says the girlfriend. :rolleyes:

What part of Richmond do you work in? My gf lives there when she's not at college.

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
I live west of richmond and spend most of my time on West Broad St, Northside.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts