MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hadn't seen a single MR2 since we've arrived but yesterday I saw a minty red MK2 turbo driving south on Scottsdale Road!

Is the scene small down here or is everyone hiding?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Seems like its pretty hard to get all of us in one place and time. something always comes up ya know? like a month back we met at the scottsdale pavilions and there were about 10 mr2s. Thats the most I've seen in this area.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
MR2 spottings other then my own and another project, seem to be like unicorn spottings, very rare. Least that's how it is for me.

Actually I do occasionally see. white MKI at the offices at Mountainview Rd and 90th St. Don't think its a board member though

·
Registered
52 Posts
My MKI is my daily driver and I barely see any more as well. I do know that there are a lot of em here and from what I gather, most are MKII. They are a rare sight but I do see some every once in a while! I also see a white MKI thats usually parked at the Red Mountain Tire place just down the street from me. I think the guy works there.

·
Registered
7,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hoping to get my MR2 down here someday to rejoin the community. Maybe I'll find a beater AW/SW to tide me over soon down the road :)

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
mine is in my garage 99% of the time

·
Registered
747 Posts
I do see MR2's every once in awhile on the north side. I'm assuming none of them are on the board or concerned with the mr2 scene. Always give the "what's up" wave...no response.

·
Registered
1986 MK1.5
472 Posts
I'm tempted to bring my MK1.5 up there one of these days. I know of an old school import crew here in Tucson that plans on going to the pavs this coming weekend. If I make it back from Cali I'll see about bringing it up

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
MKI and MKII cars are RARE to see these days.

MKIII are still uncommon, but most the owners aren't enthusiasts like us. :thumbdown

·
Registered
7,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's how it was back in New England but I figured with the lack of rust down here I'd see MR2's everywhere! haha

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I see MK3's all the time. Most have no clue about other MR2's

·
Registered
463 Posts
ZOMG! Just saw a red MK2 pulled over on the 202 freeway near kyrene.

Hope you got your car running, wish I would have been in the right hand lane would have stopped :(

·
Registered
21 Posts
Spotted a Red Mk2 MR2 in Scottsdale on the freeway this afternoon with a MR2OC decal in the window.

I just got a black supercharged MK1. I'll put it on the road after I sell off an AE86.

·
Registered
470 Posts
TukeeMR2 said:
ZOMG! Just saw a red MK2 pulled over on the 202 freeway near kyrene.

Hope you got your car running, wish I would have been in the right hand lane would have stopped :(
LOL this was me, was just taking my T-Tops off before the drive down to Tucson for homecoming.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I drive 100 miles a day from North Peoria to Chandler, every day and I think I've seen 4-6 SW20s in like 5 years. Pretty rare sightings indeed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts