MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im installing H&T bushings right now and am cleaning my control arms and strut rods. is it safe to sandblast it then bake paint on it?. also question about the strut rod bushing from 91' kit. do the rounder ones that look like D go on the rear and the sharper looking ones => go on the fronts. im at the rears now i gotta do the fronts. anyone have trouble with the fronts (possible seize bolts?) thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
I blasted mine and it turned out just fine - no problems.

Do you plan on powdercoating them? I don't see how this would cause any problem - I would just make sure (obviously) that the bushing holes were covered properly to insure correct fitment.

-Shaun

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
should i cover them while blasting or just sorta keep away from them (bushing holes). i will mask them when painting. its ceramic bake on paint i belive. im doing this tomarrow at a friends house. i really wasn't for it but he says that sandblastings the best way to clean the arms. and i got the bushings out to so why not.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
finally sandblasted it. it went great. the sandblasting did not take any metal of at all just expose it and got rid of the corrosion. i al so painted it black and baked the paint on. how am i suposed to know which of the peaces that go in between the bushings for the bolts is which. i only am doing the back right now so im afriad that if i did used the wrong peace then when i do the fronts it might not go into the mount well (without force).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts