MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A thread got started a long time ago about a San Antonio get together, then stalled as cars were being put back together.

And then there was the argument over hill country twisties vs city streets. And of course we were waiting for Jamey to get home from Iraq.

So what is the chance that we could pull off a meet? This weekend might be a bit quick to pull it off unless we can get some firm commitments; next weekend is the SASCA autocross, so maybe we shoot for the 25th [Saturday] or 26th [Sunday].

If we want to accomodate the city driving bunch we could all meet at The Quarry on 281 [say by PF Changs], then high-tail it north on 281 to Borgfield Road, cut over [west] to Blanco Road, north to 46, west to 3351, north to 473, west to 1376, north to 473, west to the stopsign and go right on Old San Antonio Road which ends up in Fredericksburg. There must be one good barbeque place there. That way the city guys would get a bit of a drive and could peel off at 1604 and go their own way and the twisty folks could venture on to the hills. If we met at 10am at the Quarry, bs'd till 11, then started the drive we ought to hit Fredericksburg by 1 or 130 for lunch.

Any takers, and when works for everyone? I'm good any weekend - Saturday or Sunday.

John T
91T

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
I'm in. You going to be there on Sunday for the Auto X John? Missed you in the rain there for the Jan event :)

·
Finally running!!
1,125 Posts
wow ... well missing parts make my build interesting it gets pushed back more and more each day I don't wanna hold anyone back from having a good time I will make the next meet for sure but this sounds awesome depending on what day you guys decide on maybe I'll try to get a ride along with someone nice that wants to show me what I'm missing out on so I will find parts faster!!! :evillaugh

I'm thinking by end of march though I can get mine fired up ... still need a clutch and I find out I'm missing parts all the time so we will see lol.

·
Bought December 2003
1,243 Posts
I'm in for the 25 or 26. If that is the planned route I will meet you guys at the Timberline/Borgfeld intersection. It is about 2 blocks from my house and is the entrance to Timberwood Park.

Backtasht I can't believe you are selling your car!

·
Finally running!!
1,125 Posts
JTritsch said:
Or you can ride with me. Mine is the shiny grey MkII vs the multi-colored dull grey car ...
I see someone still hasn't sold his duece yet were you at the last autox in the rain?? I got a ride along in kyles and it was pretty fun so no messing with him about his paint scheme lol ... I know secretly you want to keep your mr2 I won't tell ;)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Of course I want to keep it. And I probably will - unless someone gives me my price - at which point I'll look for a Mk I. It's a cash-flow problem.

As for Sunday, I may make it to the autocross - unless I have a date. When you get a date as seldom as I do, you can't pass up a victim when you have one.

John T
91T

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Bring it out on Sunday; even if you dont run you can hang out with us and catch some rides. Glad to hear you made it back safe!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I've never been to an autocross...how do I get there? How much is it to spectate?
I'd like to see what an MR2 can really do in a closed circuit course. Oh, and what time does this all start?

·
Finally running!!
1,125 Posts
it's free to watch you just sign the waiver form we have it at verizon wireless ampitheatre parking lot if you want to compete I'm sure one of us can meet you somewhere convenient and guide you to it ... it's $25 I beleive to run .. but you have to work the track for a session picking up hit cones ya know!

·
Finally running!!
1,125 Posts
if you want to run early registration is at 7:30-9 I beleive ... (it's been a while) It's going to be at verizon wireless ampitheathre parking lot (close to rolling oaks mall or retama park) and the first car runs at 11 or 11:30 ... hey at least I got a general outline laid down it's not like I have a running car to get me enthusiastic enough to know the exact times lol.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Registration is from 8:00am to 9:30 (9:00 to 9:30 is late registration, +$5.)Runs will start at about 10:30am and yes spectators are free and welcome. The VZW ampitheater is located off Lookout road which you can find off 1604 slightly north of the 35n/1604 interchange; directly across from the Retama park stables. It'd be awesome if you made it.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Sounds good to me....looks like I'll be planning a little visit this Sunday...but it's suppose to rain with frigid weather...

·
Finally running!!
1,125 Posts
psycobob said:
Registration is from 8:00am to 9:30 (9:00 to 9:30 is late registration, +$5.)Runs will start at about 10:30am and yes spectators are free and welcome. The VZW ampitheater is located off Lookout road which you can find off 1604 slightly north of the 35n/1604 interchange; directly across from the Retama park stables. It'd be awesome if you made it.
my info was so horrible ... I stink at the internet :p

1 - 20 of 110 Posts