MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not for the 2....

I'm looking for a good, reliable shop to do some repair work on my wife's Celica. The door is trashed from an 18 wheeler that wanted my lane and we've got enough chips to warrant a repaint. Anyone have a shop in SA they recommend?

Jim

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I've had good service over the last 20 years from Alamo Body on Broadway. I think I've seen another Alamo on I-10.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I've got a buddy [Ron Kremis] who owns the Econo Auto Paint & Body at Mainland and Bandera who has a kid that does great paint work. I've seen some of his body work and it looks darned good. He does a base coat-clear coat paint that is probably going to get my MR2 whenever I have any money.
John T
91T

·
Registered
23 Posts
JTritsch...I'm looking to paint my MR2 very soon as in the next month or so and I'm looking for a good body shop. I have an 87 NA Super Red but very faded and would like to have some body work and a complete repaint job done. Any idea on an estimated cost to do the job. I live in the Potranco/151 area. Thank you for your time and any info.

GWFMR2 from SATX

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sir,

Please excuse me for not replying sooner. I really appreciate the information and I will call New Creation tomorrow for directions and to set up an estimate.
:thumbup Thanks for the use of your name as a reference. I'll post again and let you know of the progress and status if chosen as the body shop.

GWFMR2

·
Registered
680 Posts
GWFMR2 said:
JTritsch...I'm looking to paint my MR2 very soon as in the next month or so and I'm looking for a good body shop. I have an 87 NA Super Red but very faded and would like to have some body work and a complete repaint job done. Any idea on an estimated cost to do the job. I live in the Potranco/151 area. Thank you for your time and any info.

GWFMR2 from SATX
hey i live on talley rd. i think ive seen your car do you live on grossenbacher.

·
Registered
23 Posts
No, I live on Ingram just between the 151 and Potranco Road area. In other words behind Walmart, Home Depot and Lowes. I also work on Lackland AFB and part-time at VIA as a Bus Operator. Thanks for the Body Shop info, I have been sick the last two days and stayed home. Hope to be out tomorrow and will give New Creation a call.

Peace
GWFMR2

·
Registered
680 Posts
GWFMR2 said:
No, I live on Ingram just between the 151 and Potranco Road area. In other words behind Walmart, Home Depot and Lowes. I also work on Lackland AFB and part-time at VIA as a Bus Operator. Thanks for the Body Shop info, I have been sick the last two days and stayed home. Hope to be out tomorrow and will give New Creation a call.

Peace
GWFMR2
hey if you have time it would be cool if you came out to bennigans at i10 and wurzbach a few of us mr2 guys come out everythusday it'd be nice to meet another mki owner. we meet at 9:30 to 10ish

1 - 11 of 11 Posts