MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i order a SAFC2 from here for my mr2 NA its used and it doesnt come with the intra. so i was wondering does anyone know how to plug it to the ecu??

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just go to the Apex-i US site and look under documentation. The operation manual and wiring pin outs can be found there, all translated into englsh :D

Easy to fit, will look nice at night, but to actually adjust the fueling you need to get the car on a rolling road with a wideband o2 readout. The limitation of the afc is it cannot control the ignition map. As a result, it the UK, the Dastec unichip is the prefered device.

Look on the bright side, it will look great when fitted :D

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
freddysmr2 said:
so i can use it without dyno tuning it?? but would i be alble to see %thr. and RMP??
When you buy the SAFCII brand new. The settings are set at 0% which means you can plug it in, but no adjustments are going to be made to the way your engine performs. It'll be like if it wasnt there. Unless of course they have some sort of preloaded setting which i havent heard of.

I'm sure u can see the rpm and throttle%, but I would suggest not to change any air/fuel settings unless it's on a dyno, or you happen to have a "Wideband air/fuel ratio gauge" and not a $50 dollar ebay one either.

IMO if someone is to get a SAFC, they should also be looking to dyno tune it so you squeeze the extra hp out of your engine. Otherwise, I think it would be a waste of money. ... THats why I haven't installed mine and i've had it for 3 months... Just waiting to instal a ported/camed head so I have a reason to spend the money to tune it.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
celicaguy13 said:
When you buy the SAFCII brand new. The settings are set at 0% which means you can plug it in, but no adjustments are going to be made to the way your engine performs. It'll be like if it wasnt there. Unless of course they have some sort of preloaded setting which i havent heard of.

I'm sure u can see the rpm and throttle%, but I would suggest not to change any air/fuel settings unless it's on a dyno, or you happen to have a "Wideband air/fuel ratio gauge" and not a $50 dollar ebay one either.

IMO if someone is to get a SAFC, they should also be looking to dyno tune it so you squeeze the extra hp out of your engine. Otherwise, I think it would be a waste of money. ... THats why I haven't installed mine and i've had it for 3 months... Just waiting to instal a ported/camed head so I have a reason to spend the money to tune it.
well i reason i want to installed it is cuz im wants to see how it is and stuff can i do with it cuz im going to a motor swap my mr2 and im gonna have to have my mr2 dyno. but just want to see how everything is so i would know once i installe my motor.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Sure you can install it and look how it works and stuff no plm. I'm just suggesting not to actually change any air/fuel ratios unless it's dyno tuned.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Sorry I miss read the thread, you're buying it used, so that means there is probably changed settings on it already. What vehicle did it come off of?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
celicaguy13 said:
Sorry I miss read the thread, you're buying it used, so that means there is probably changed settings on it already. What vehicle did it come off of?
a mr2 na i think and my friend he was a vtevh safc for his turbo GSR and he hasnt even dyno his car yet but he was messing around with the safc

1 - 20 of 24 Posts