MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm about to buy a clutch for my alltrac and have narrowed down the choices to an RPS 6-puck, sprung hub with heavy pressure plate or a Clutch Specialties 6-puck, sprung hub with heavy pressure plate. My question is twofold:

1. Both are 6-pucks with upgraded plates. Is there really so much leeway in clutch design that one would be much better than the other, or have radically different pedal feel? RPS advertises that they have light pedal feel for a puck-style clutch, is there any reason to believe that the CS clutch would be much worse in this regard?

2. Here's the real kicker. I can get the CS clutch for about $200 cheaper from a private seller. Is it worth it, or should I get the RPS for the security of being able to return it to RPS if there is a problem?

Also, general impressions of either clutch are welcome.

J.

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
i'd personally go with a SPEC clutch as the RPS does not have a light pedal and has been known to cause thrust bearing issues along with the ACT clutches.... i haven
t really messed with clutch specialties clutches so i can't really comment on those......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts