MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an N/A 89' Mk1 that I just got on the road, and I'm ready for some white knuckle fun. Anyone know of any rally-x or road rally clubs/events in the mid-Atlantic area?

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you're looking for rallycross (autocross on dirt) you'll have to look to SCCA.com. They do Road Rallys (Time, Speed, Distance) too. There are some other small sanctioning bodies that do it as well, but that is the main one. Just go on there and find your regional contacts and get in touch with them. If I still lived out there I could probably help you a little more. But I'm up in MN now instead of MD.

Rally-America is only involved in stage rally. Alot of the people that stage rally are into road rally and rallycross, but Rally-America does not sanction those.

BTW, I used to live in Glen Burnie as well. In the townhomes behind Popeye's Chicken on Gov. Ritchie Hwy by Hwy 3 across from Giant Foods.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now that I've looked into it, stage rally's are what I thought I was talking about when i said road rally. I'm gonna look into rally-America, and the scca. Thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
SCCA is going to hold first Rally event at summit point WV on June 13 2009. I cant wait to check the course out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts