MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
interesting... im guessing it uses the SIL on the ecu as a I/O port for the data?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Yea it is possible but like all toyota ecu's they are read only so you have to do some chip work or osmething...a company has done such a thing with the 5vz ecu before but has since fallen off the face of the earth

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
DaveMush said:
I have that guy, Brook, who flashed my ECu when I eliminated the immobilizer.... But I dunno if he can do ROM flashes as well... I suppose you would need to know what maps to put in the thing ahead of time
Do you know if he can find the RPM and top speed caps?

I'd love to bump my redline a bit and get rid of the speed limiter. Removing the speed cap (or setting it at max value) would allow me to use the full RPM range of a turbo transmission in top gear; while there are only a couple of tracks where I would need that, it might be worth while.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The only engines I know such reprogramming, or re-chipping HAS been done on are old R's, and a handful of 3s-gte's. Which were OBD-I.
To my knowledge, nobody has done any sucessful research into reading Toyota code.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
the 3s-gte is already done by ATS and they do a good job of it...the 5vz lc enginerring used to do....I would love to get into chip/rom tuning but i need the software and the brians to get into it.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
the subaru ecu's have an open source effort going on where all you need is the cable and you can flash your own ecu... apparantly the processor is very similar across many ECU's so someone in the know can compare across what processors different ECU's use.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
so does the VW systems....its all in the chip in what has been changed and if you can brek the code to change it over to write

·
Registered
393 Posts
Rom tune

Theres a Supra ECU tuner up in Canada that i talked to before on the supra forums. He does Rom tuning on obd2 Supras. I am going to see if he can help us 1mz guys out. I would like to get an extended revlimiter for my camry. I am currently tuning with emanage blue so i dont have the revlimiter option lik the Ultimate emanage.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Its not hard at all to reflash the yota ECU. The issue is breaking the code that the maps are encripted with. The scantools at your dealership have the ability to reflash the computer. In fact in the past toyota has issued updated flashware for several of its OBDII cars. I wish they would have just followed Chevy and left the maps and internal code open. Its SO friggin easy to tune the stock Corvette ECU.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts