MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Cool. Wonder what they cost? I'm building a motor for my Datsun 510 right now (first car, owned it 28+ years now), and it's getting some kind of individual runner injection. I was going to use TWM's, but this might be an alternative. They would certainly be more unique.

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
Ever see rotary cams. Several years ago, I am not sure which magazine I saw it in, there was an article on rotar camshafts. Basically it was a solid steel tube/rod that had ports machined into it at different positions. Intake and exhaust ports were different sizes. Changed cam profile and timing by changing port size, shape and position. Think Rotary engines. Rotary cams would have NO valvetrain. Just a steel log spinning. No valve float, no nothing. Never heard anything else on them though. Imagine those cams, if feasible, with the above throttle bodies. 50,000rpm! EVIL LOL

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
I have seen stories on big inch (2.6liter) Honda H22 Vtec all motor drag cars that used one massive throttle body with a pretty big plenum to feed the beasts. They run something like 16:1 compression and I think they make close to 400 naturally aspirated hp. Not exactly streetable. But article said that the ones that actually use ITBs could be streetable with a normal compression and milder cams.

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
I like the location of the injector. Sport Compact Car did a write up on switching from factory manifold to ITBs on an Integra Type R. Right off the bat, the engine picked up pretty big gains. Then they moved the injector from origonal position to 1/2 way up velocity stack. Made more hp and torque. Then they moved it to where the above has it, actually outside the velocity stack and made even more hp and torque. Try to do a search. Really impressive gains, and on a naturally small engine that is already highly tuned and high strung from the factory.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.