MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm sitting at work thinking, "How cool would it be to be in Rocky Point right now?" I would like to propose an early summer trip to Rocky Point. I figure it would have to be after school got out in the middle to end of May. If we plan that far ahead then everyone would have time to ask off of work and hopefully, save a few bucks for the trip. Maybe 4 days over the weekend?
I know everyone wouldn't want to take their MR2's into Mexico so I was thinking about getting a Suburban, or two, like the one we took to JGTC. Since it's my idea I would be willing to take care of the reservations. I would make them in La Princesa for those of you familiar with Rocky Point.
Give me your input and tell me what you guys think. For those of you out there wondering, no, there is no enforced drinking age.

So?

RocketSC

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I'm planning on going to the big nationwide MR2 convention in Topeka, Kansas in the early-mid June so I don't wanna do two expensive road trips. Anyone else wanna go with me to Kansas? All the West coast MR2's are driving through the rocky mountains to Denver, where all the western US MR2's will caravan from there to Topeka. AZ and NM may meet up in Albequerque and go north from there to Denver, then to Topeka.
My total bill for everything I wanna do at the event (a few drag runs, autox, general admission, banquet etc) came out to about $120. In addition, Hotel prices in Kansas could be as low as $18 per night if we did 4 people to room.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I'd be down, but I don't get any days off for awhile. :thumbdown

·
Registered
671 Posts
Shawn, I'm up for it. I've got the 4X4, but I also have a corporate account with enterprise. Just let me know.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like the ususal suspects to me. If not too many people are interested I'll work on getting the 3 bedroom penthouse. It's a pretty awesome condo. We could do this pretty inexpensively if we all fit in the one condo. I think it has a limit of either 8 or 10 people, anymore than that and we'll have to think about getting 2. Do you guys have any idea about the date you want to go. I think Brandon has to walk in early June right? Let me know.

RocketSC

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Let me know what the time frame is I will meet you guys out there. I wont need a place to stay I already have that.. and I already have a way there... let me know what weekend and we will meet up while your out there...

·
Registered
673 Posts
Sounds like a lot of fun!

I just started a new job (well next week) and Im already taking a week and a half off to go to Hawaii, Im not sure how they take me asking for more. :(

·
Registered
600 Posts
spdrcr21 said:
Guys, I probably won't be able to go.....I need to save money cause I just bought a damn house.
WOO! PARTY TIME! :thumbup

M

·
0 Posts
When were you thinking of going? I know i would be interested in going....out to Kansas and out to Rockypoint....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm still looking for someone to come out and propose a date. I'm thinking after classes end at ASU, maybe like the 2nd weekend in May. I think Brandon had some interest but didn't say when he would be done. And for Salen, if you think that some stupid little thing like money is going to keep you from having a good time in Rocky Point, you need to get your priorities straight. Maybe we could help you out kinda like Brandon at the JGTC. Don't give up on us!

RocketSC

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
For us still in high school, school doesn't get out till the last week of May. (Brandon)

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'm not giving up, ever. I'm gonna go. Now that I think about it I'm gonna need a nice little break once I'm done with all this house stuff. Don't worry about the money, I can afford to go. Thanks for the offer though. I think I was just letting this house stuff get to me.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I would have my daughter the 2nd weekend in May I could do it the 3rd weekend in may 20,21,22,23 and even take a few extra days off...

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Dominick said:
I would have my daughter the 2nd weekend in May I could do it the 3rd weekend in may 20,21,22,23 and even take a few extra days off...
I won't be out of school that early... and I have a lot of debt right now, so I'm gonna have to be moved back to the 'mabey' list. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
other dates can be picked what I suggested is not a set date ... when do you go on break from school..??

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Brandon don't give me any :bsflag: . You know where there's a will there's a way. We'll figure something out. If it has to be the first weekend in June all we have to do is firm up the date. I'll get the reservations for whenever. Let me know. The sooner the better.

RocketSC

1 - 20 of 27 Posts