MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,236 Posts
They would go in the car but wouldn't fit that well. The lever assembly for the trunk and fuel lid would clash with the left mat as you can see on the right hand mat there is a large cut out for it.
The little bend on the top right of the left mat would most likely clash too with the carpet setup. I'm not sure about the left foot rest on the LHD cars, might get in the way too.

And now just comparing the aftermarket LHD SW20 mats, they wouldn't fit well at all. Right side would be OK but left side is a bit messy.
Sleeve Font Cap Magenta Electric blue

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They would go in the car but wouldn't fit that well. The lever assembly for the trunk and fuel lid would clash with the left mat as you can see on the right hand mat there is a large cut out for it.
The little bend on the top right of the left mat would most likely clash too with the carpet setup. I'm not sure about the left foot rest on the LHD cars, might get in the way too.

And now just comparing the aftermarket LHD SW20 mats, they wouldn't fit well at all. Right side would be OK but left side is a bit messy.
View attachment 80125
Interesting. Well the search goes on. I am using aftermarket set, the driver side is trash now. Poor built quality.

·
Super Moderator
3,236 Posts
Interesting. Well the search goes on. I am using aftermarket set, the driver side is trash now. Poor built quality.
What did the USA cars come with from factory? I've only really seen the 2 JDM Man In Dandism ones. The thick set and thin set of which I have both.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What did the USA cars come with from factory? I've only really seen the 2 JDM Man In Dandism ones. The thick set and thin set of which I have both.
I don’t remember exactly but they sure last a long time. Unfortunately, my SW20 I got was a rolling shell.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
You can get aftermarket replacement ones from japan, nengun and rhdjapan. They aren't cheap and I also don't know about the quality. I was going to chuck some in with an order but never got around to it.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, I was able to get my hands on new OEM mats. There’s a hole on the driver side mat
Sleeve Grey Headgear Font Rectangle
Font Sleeve Handwriting Pattern Metal
and a clip included in box. There’s isn’t any slot on the floor to hook the clip in. I wonder if these mats are intended for 93’ and up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts