MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
^ Those are interesting.

..Don't need to start shitting on MR2 owners.
I'm not crapping on anyone, I apologize for stinking up your thread (though I didn't start that tangent, I merely participated). But I won't apologize for stating the truth and I won't gloss it over. That's the way it is. Anyone who's been part of this community for 10 minutes knows that.

While I do agree that things have changed in the last 5 years, owners peeling out money for OEM stuff hasn't changed much at all. Yes, there are plenty of owners buying stuff, but that 'plenty' is a pittance to start new OEM production. It won't happen. There's no negativity in laying out just how it is. Consider a friendly warning.

I would love to be proven wrong and eat my words, just don't see it though.

Discussion starter · #23 · (Edited)
^ Those are interesting.

I'm not crapping on anyone, I apologize for stinking up your thread (though I didn't start that tangent, I merely participated). But I won't apologize for stating the truth and I won't gloss it over. That's the way it is. Anyone who's been part of this community for 10 minutes knows that.

While I do agree that things have changed in the last 5 years, owners peeling out money for OEM stuff hasn't changed much at all. Yes, there are plenty of owners buying stuff, but that 'plenty' is a pittance to start new OEM production. It won't happen. There's no negativity in laying out just how it is. Consider a friendly warning.

I would love to be proven wrong and eat my words, just don't see it though.
What a donkey hole, implying all MR2 owners are poor. Sorry different people are at different social status, not everyone is in the same tax bracket like your Supra friends. All the parts I buy are OEM giving their availability and if its not ridiculously marked up. My only intention was to point out to the community there's a sale on lights that's getting harder and harder to find. And its not an engine component. I doubt the OEM is that much better than the replicas. Sorry I even brought up the fucking the lights. If you're moderator, can you just delete this topic. (What kind of moderator come in to talk sh1t to their members?)

Relax, you're stretching this out and posting things I didn't post. I never stated all MR2 owners are poor, and I'm definitely not friends of Supra owners (I stopped going to local MR2 meets partially because I was tired of all the Supra talk).

And you're completely wrong about the OEM lights not being better than these Chinese cheapies. OEM fogs are heaps better, you need to experience them before you post guesses like that.

Discussion starter · #25 · (Edited)
Relax, you're stretching this out and posting things I didn't post. I never stated all MR2 owners are poor, and I'm definitely not friends of Supra owners (I stopped going to local MR2 meets partially because I was tired of all the Supra talk).

And you're completely wrong about the OEM lights not being better than these Chinese cheapies. OEM fogs are heaps better, you need to experience them before you post guesses like that.
You should relax instead of insulting everyone less fortunate than you. You are the supreme authority on MR2 parts, we have a f**king lighting engineer on our hands. "Heaps better..." yes, no sh*t Sherlock of course OEM is better than China replicas. First, that's the f**king point we can't get our hands on the OEM ones. Second, you really are able to measure a $400-$800 difference in lighting quality? What a f**king douche.

Back to the point of the original point. An alternative to OEM is available for $60. And quality seems fair. Buy it or not. Don't need to be a douche like RePete. Not everyone have years of experience handling OEM fogs vs replicas.

Poor guy's going to lose a gasket. Just calm the hell down.

Juvenile name calling is desperate and ain't necessary on this board, and coming from you means nothing to me. You've missed the point here (about no chance of new OEM production) and it's you now who's stinking up your own thread relentlessly rampaging through it. A pity.

Newsflash (again): I bought 3 pairs of these Chinese cheapies long before you even knew about them (except I got them somewhere around $45/pair). I would call them adequate for short term and not built for a daily.

Here is another option I haven't seen anyone talking about. Of course, I live under a rock though.
MR2 (SW20) LED Fog Lamp Kit – AutoExtrude
Im thankful for companies like this creating some stuff for our community.
But it gets me thinking how hard it'd be to measure the fogs, create something in autocad and then print in ABS. Then just add some basic fogs. The printing itself wouldnt be more than a few bucks of filament at most.

Im thankful for companies like this creating some stuff for our community.
But it gets me thinking how hard it'd be to measure the fogs, create something in autocad and then print in ABS. Then just add some basic fogs. The printing itself wouldnt be more than a few bucks of filament at most.
If you already own the machine and know how to use it, that would be a cheaper option. I have looked into the LEDs they are using, and they are about half of the cost of the kit. It is kind of cheeky they offer a brake duct kit for as expensive as they do, considering they offer the hose as a separate option. I guess it's to keep people from buying the duct kit (for much cheaper) and adding their own lighting. I have to admit a modern projector is very appealing. That cupholder also has my attention.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.