MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Actually its been done since October, so I figured I'd better get some pictures up. I'll get some engine bay pics later...

From this: before

To this: stripping

And finally, this:

The whole thing took me about 4 months (evenings and weekends + an unhappy wife), everything done by yours truly. Finally! the car is flawless - with NO rust! :thumbup

Here is a shot of the engine. Its a little crusty from all the salty dust on the roads right now.

·
Two 2s - 93T, 88 SC
2,965 Posts
This car is parked a couple of blocks away from where I park for work. I can say that it looks even better in person !

John
93T, 88 SC

·
Registered
214 Posts
if you weren't so far away i'd see if you wanted to paint mine....

in other words it's beautiful....

·
Registered
630 Posts
I don't know what you do for a living, but if you took your car along with the before and during pics to a body shop I am certain you would be hired on the spot.

I'm not a fan of 2-tone, but your is different (uses the luxury design aka RR and Bentley) and is very appealing to me

Super achievement!

·
WWW.TECHNICALGARAGE.COM
3,626 Posts
wow!! that's a very clean job you did!! excellent work! I would love to do that to my mr2 some day. How long did it take you?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:smile: Thanks everyone!

I've never worked at a body shop, but I do a little painting on the side. Honestly though, I would rather work at a shop (restoring MKIs of course!) than what I do now, but I don't think I'd make enough $$$.

Time wise - I'd say it took me roughly about 325hrs. Most of that was spent stripping the car.

And thanks again for the rear visor jeebert2 :D

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.