MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Turbo-less since 6.17.07
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a really good bodyshop in or near Madison that will treat my baby right? If they were to specialize in MR2's or Toyotas in general, that would rule. I need a Dr. side fender and oem front bumper painted and installed, border rad. relocation, madpsi splitter, and all of the factory trim (side mouldings, flat under panels in front, and one in rear, and front splash guards).

I was going to use ABRA, as I used to work in the same building as one, and liked one guys attention to detail in particular. I may still go with him, but I want to know what you guys have to say first.

I'm not going in until late spring/early summer, but I'm antsy and need to do the homework anyway. If you have any pics/feedback of places you've been, that would really be cool. Thanks all!

-Scott

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
He's located In a small town in Iowa near Galena. Very scenic drive! It's worth the trip just to see all of is badass Toyota's.

·
Turbo-less since 6.17.07
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:thumbup Cool, blue! That would be really helpful.

I thought you did bodywork, but you must just detail, huh? I may use your services after the actual work is done. Your past work rocks!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hey Scott, I have many pics of before and after shots of MR2's I have done in the past, like Pinoize GF's Mk2. I work on lots of Toyota's, currently I'm working on a 95 RHD MR2 and a 95 Celica ST205 and I have another 91 Turbo coming in. I use all PPG paint/primer (no cheap stuff) If you need a drivers fender , I have one in white. I also have tons stock MR2 parts. PM me for more details.
Thanks Robb

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hey also Hwy. 151 is now 4 lane to Madison from Dubuque so it should take no time get here, I would say 1 hour?

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
mr2pmp said:
:thumbup Cool, blue! That would be really helpful.

I thought you did bodywork, but you must just detail, huh? I may use your services after the actual work is done. Your past work rocks!
Yah, I'm gonna actually learn bodywork with my car. They might let me get in the booth and help shoot it too. . .

·
Turbo-less since 6.17.07
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've heard that before from the guys at dynotuned actually. But if Robb can do what I want, I wouldn't mind the drive to help support a fellow member.

Did they do some work for you? If so, I assume it went well. Do you have any pics?

-Scott

·
Turbo-less since 6.17.07
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your screen name changed. I have been keeping my eye out for you under another SN. You are the one that suggested Vern's to me. If you don't remember me, I'm the one that stops in like every 3-6 months saying, "remember me? I traded you the border front for the red oem na bumper cover..." :)

Anyways, the MR2 is paid off now so I can go blow some money on getting it looking beautiful so I can be seen in it again. My ultimate goal is to get it to an autox this year. If it gets that far, then I'll probably end up at great lakes sometime to get some hard numbers.

How's your car coming? Last I saw, the turbo kit was sitting on the counter at DT. I never got to see it real close up.

·
Registered
677 Posts
yeh i remember you... my car is basically a race car now.. i put that turbo on my car and then took it off to put a bigger one on. now its about that time we start putting it back together again. i should have it out for the meet at elver park on 4/22

1 - 18 of 18 Posts