MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got 2 estimates and the cheapest one was 520$! the paint is comming off on spots of the drivers side door as well as the front bumper. The drivers door used to be red so it looks pretty crappy up close....

I considered removing the parts myself and taking them to the shop for the paint to save money on the labor of removal/reinstall

should I just look around and try to find a used door and front bumper locally that are already black in fair condition?

Should I just leave the parts as eyesores and invest that money into the engine like i did with the last 4000$ of mods??

I went to a local place and maaco for the estimates. Since my car is a bastard child (NA to Turbo swap) Im not overly concerned about making sure the paint is done by a toyota body shop. Next year the car is recieving a full repaint so right now I just want it to look presentable while I finish up college :thumbup

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well kinda.. My front bumper has a bunch of the bare plastic showing underneath the paint and a bunch of other spots around the front bumper are bare of paint as well.

and the drivers side door looks really bad because the original red is showing through around the handle and along the trim..

Im more so just asking if this is a fair price i was quoted. Maaco quoted $750! I was shocked. i figure a repaint on those two parts wasnt worth more than 200$ total

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
Figure on 200-250 per panel and 50-100 per adjacent blend panel. Your estimate is about right. Getting all of that done for 200 isnt going to happen unless you have friends and someone hooks you up. Its going to cost about that in materials if the shop is using the good stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.