MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

A few of my injector clips are broken on the 4agze. Is there anyway to replace these clips w/o buying another harness? Also, I need to have my injectors cleaned. Do I have to take off the intake pipe to get the fuel rail out on a 4agze, looks like it? Also, if I remove the pipe can I still get that gasket or will I have to make one?

Thanks,
Todd
87sc

·
Premium Member
10,360 Posts
Todd, Try autozone or one of those guys for new clips with pigtails to splice into the harness.
I pulled the injectors from my GZE today(also to have them cleaned) The BGB says to remove the throtle body and inlet pipe, I didn't remove these and was able to get the fuel rail out. I did remove the inlet cam cover for a little clearance. My motor is not in the car yet, maybe thats how I was able to get the rail out without pulling the TB. Toyota should be able to get the gaskets.
Are you sending the injectors to witchhunter? I called them and they seemed really knowledgeable. Quick turnaround too.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Clips from the toyota mkiii supra turbo would work (I don't know about the na), but like 86AW11 stated, you would have to splice or cut off and then solder the new ones on.

·
Registered
9,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, thanks for he info. 86AW11 and Oasis. I think I'm gonna just remove that inlet pipe or maybe remove the valve covers and repaint them again. That way I can check my valves. 86AW11 did you see the pics that I posted last night of Leon's Mk1?

Thanks,
Todd
87sc

·
Premium Member
10,360 Posts
Todd, I saw the pics. Thanks for posting them. Leon has put alot of work into that car and it showed. Good luckwith the injectors.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I just sent the injectors from my 89SC to WitchHunter yesterday. The inlet pipe is held on with two nuts and two bolts. I took them off and found the pipe won't come off because of the studs. You would have to take the throttle body off too. It was loose enough that I could rock it back enough to get the fuel rail out. The gasket is rubber and has no dressing on it so I'm thinking about reusing it.

·
Original
10,788 Posts
hrm.... when i broke my injector clips off of my 86 na, i just threw some di-electric grease in there and a bit of super glue around the outside of the clip....

never came off again....

·
Registered
9,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not having a problem with the clips coming off but I do know that two of them are broken.

Todd
87sc

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I sent my injectors to WitchHunter Saturday by Priority Mail. I'm in West Virginia they're in Washington State. I couldn't believe I had an email from WitchHunter today (Monday) saying they were done. Priority Mail and WitchHunter kick butt! I'll be able to put the car back together this weekend :D

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
you have to remove the pipe that feeds the intake manifold... I just ordered that gasket from toyota and was here the next day. I don't recomend resuing that gasket seeing that it is under boost.

Marco

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Did you get it off without removing the throttle body? The studs in the back are keeping me from clearing the throttle body.

·
Registered
9,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, when my 4agze engine was out on the hoist. I was able to remove the rail w/o taking anything off. I think I may have taken off the intake side cam cover but I'm not sure. It's been a long while ago. I do know for a fact that I didn't take off the intake manifold or the pipe.

Todd
87sc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts