MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace a fuse that is in the frunk, it is the ALT and its 120 A. It is in the black box but i dont know how to remove it. does anyone know how to do it, i would really appreciate it thanks

S

·
0 Posts
use needle nose pliers,. they work i had to pull out my horn relay i couldnt get it with my fingers, needle noses got it out in less than 15 seconds. If it doesnt look like its bolted or screwed down then its not.(i say that because i was in your shoes once)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Or you could use the fuse pulling tool if it's still under the lid of the fuse box. Looks like a plastic tweezers kinda.

S

·
0 Posts
Gairloch said:
Or you could use the fuse pulling tool if it's still under the lid of the fuse box. Looks like a plastic tweezers kinda.
um,... the fuse he is wanting to pull is about 3 times its size....

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea and i tried taking it off with and it broke, does anyone know where to get it? Toyota dealership? anyone know how much it is

S

·
0 Posts
dealership,. i would say from 10 bucks to 30,. im editing also,. thoes you sholdnt of used a pair of plyers im betting you griped it too hard because its thing plastic like glass,. not a very good idea, i thought it was a relay. thoes you can use pliers,. what you took out i dont even know how to take thoes out myself.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bolt

There's a bolt holding it in, I destroyed the original fuse trying to just yank it out. You gotta unbolt the fuse box and then the tray holding the bigger box fuses unclips from the rest of the fuse box. Then you gotta push the fuse box downwards while pulling up on the tray that holds the box fuses. Then you can undo the bolt and pull the fuse out. It's kinda hard cuz there's not a lot of slack in the harness for you to pull the tray up and push the fuse box down since the harness is tied to the rest of the fuses in the fuse box.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks bro, i was going crazy, i was trying to figure it out and i saw the bolt but i didnt know what it was for

1 - 12 of 12 Posts