MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only the centre nut. Hit it with a hammer, should come loose.
I was just about to try that , didn't at first cause I wasnt sure how safe it'd be with the springs compressed , I read a few things about using spring compressors that I think have made me more nervous then I should be lol

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Post them up, Im curious about this. When I did mine a year ago the tops came off pretty easily, so Im curious about why yours were so snug that it took pry bars and a hammer
Good luck, take pictures, ENJOY THE GARAGE TIME!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Post them up, Im curious about this. When I did mine a year ago the tops came off pretty easily, so Im curious about why yours were so snug that it took pry bars and a hammer
Good luck, take pictures, ENJOY THE GARAGE TIME!
Thanks I'm just. At. Work now so as soon as I'm home I'll take the pics and post them

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Post them on here. We'll let you know what you have.
Here's some pics of the shock absorber & top mount, I tried to get pics showing everything, unless it's the nut on the bottom I don't see a gland nut or am I wrong ?
I looked up ohlins suspension but pretty much only found stuff for bikes, if I can't use the inserts with these what would be better to do return my koni sport kit or try and find front and rear strut housing ?
Automotive tire Rim Gas Machine Auto part

Wood Bumper Automotive tire Coil spring Automotive exterior

Gas Glove Auto part Electric blue Machine

Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Wood
Wood Automotive tire Rim Gas Hardwood
Automotive tire Wood Rim Camera lens Gas
Automotive tire Wood Finger Gas Automotive wheel system
Wood Hardwood Gas Auto part Tool
Light Blue Automotive tire Gas Auto part
Gas Glove Auto part Electric blue Machine
Wood Bumper Automotive tire Coil spring Automotive exterior
Gas Metal Cylinder Auto part Electric blue
Automotive tire Rim Gas Machine Auto part

Wood Hardwood Gas Auto part Tool

Wood Automotive tire Rim Gas Hardwood

Gas Metal Cylinder Auto part Electric blue

Light Blue Automotive tire Gas Auto part

Automotive tire Wood Finger Gas Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Wood Rim Camera lens Gas

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Whoa, those are cool! I read something this morning abut them, I assume you, maybe, bumped an older thread. But I didnt know Ohlins had made something like this for our cars till today, rare find, I'd say. NICE!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ah yes. Ohlins are quite common, at least in Japan.

Those are definitely not the stock housings so not sure if you can put in the Konis due to the nut assembly in the bottom for adjustment.
This is the first time I've worked on my suspensions didn't know they weren't the stock ones and already got the konis. Was hoping I wouldnt have to return them

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Whoa, those are cool! I read something this morning abut them, I assume you, maybe, bumped an older thread. But I didnt know Ohlins had made something like this for our cars till today, rare find, I'd say. NICE!
Maybe a rare find but not want I was wanting to see , I had new Koni inserts to install now I don't know if I should return the Koni sport kit or try and find some shock absorbers to use for the Koni , can't see it being easy to find a full set of all 4 havent had any luck so far

1 - 20 of 28 Posts