MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From someone with experience with both, which would you recommend?

The TwosRus MBC is great from what I've heard, but I'd prefer the ability to adjust from the cabin.

Will I be sacrificing some reliability and consistency for convenience?

Thanks for your input.

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
If you want stable, repeatable, reliable boost control, you cannot beat a ball/spring MBC.

If you want adjust on the fly, multi boost levels, displays and readouts, then yu will want and EBC.

bill

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are there any EBC that use a ball/spring mechanism? Sort of like an electronically controlled manual boost controller?

·
Registered
9,417 Posts
I've used both ball and spring, and the Blitz Dual Solenoid Boost Controller, SPEC R.

The Blitz is every bit as reliable as the MBC, and controls boost perfectly, plus you get 4 preset boost levels, in addition to "off" which yields whatever boost your wastegate spring is rated for.

Difficulty of install for the Blitz is akin to an MBC install plus a boost gauge install. It's very easy to setup, and a lot of people on this forum are using it, so it's easy to get tips and pointers.

The only downside I can see is the price difference.

A good EBC is 10 times more expensive than a good MBC.

Best regards,

Ken

·
Registered
12,511 Posts
I know Ive seen killer results on a DSM but anyone got any use of an old school profec B (with the 3 knobs and the hi/low switch)?

·
Registered
9,417 Posts
jmdonhauser said:
What is the difference between the Blitz sbc-id single and dual solenoid?
The dual solenoids allow for each solenoid to be smaller, permitting finer control over boost. The downside is, it costs more.

The other problem I have with the SBC-id is aesthetic. There is nowhere it blends in well with the stock interior. The DSBC has a 1/4DIN head unit, which fits well in a couple of different places.

Ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts