MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1992 MR2 SW20 NA
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So manual windows means it's a G rather than a G-LIMITED like mine. Does it have a rear spoiler? The lightest lowest spec SW20 Japan offered.

You should be able to import power window parts from Japan but you are probably better off getting some USA parts being LHD.

Interesting that you fitted power steering from Corolla parts. Do you have the electric pump or somehow using the hydro pump on the engine?

The NA cars do not have the axle carrier being. They have a short left side axle and a long right side axles where the turbo powered cars have the carrier bearing with the equal length outside axles.

You might be looking at suspension ball joints, swaybar bushes or end links.

Yeah that makes things a bit harder to get around. I'm in New Zealand, not quite Australia. But we do have some great long driving roads even though we have 2 main islands that can restrict travel a small amount.

On the hose from hell, the NA has 2 hoses that do go to the oil cooler but they are well protected by a heat shield and do not get as hot because there is no turbo. I've not seen these fail on the 3SGE. So they do not have the name of HFH and HFHOE. I've had to replace my coolant bypass pipes which these hoses are connected to, not ideal doing it in the car but you don't have to worry about these, a 3SGTE problem only.
Yes, she already had the 3pc spoiler when i got her.

I'm using hydraulic PS, the pumps' pulley is connected to the pulley of (Iam not sure if thats) the water pump right on top of the AC compressor, its really home made, I'll send you a pic soon. :)

We have done ball joints, ends links and rear shock struts and at one time we tried deleting the stabilizer links so the sway bars won't move or squeak. No luck there also. I'll try strut mounts next.

What a relief, I don't have the HFH, HFHOE and non interference engine! Whew...

My mistake, the flags are so small on my cell phone, got confused with red or white stars. Sure wish i could visit your majestic fjords someday.

·
Premium Member
12,091 Posts
... when you say like Christmas tree, you mean blinking? My 3 lights stayed on until I got home...

... When I tried to restart my batt was still strong and cranking but engine won't fire up and all dash lights gone except oil warning and door open.
No, not blinking. When I was a youth, blinking christmas trees were still a novelty.

The dash lights gone when you turn on the ignition, or when you start cranking? Either way, that is not right. Maybe there is a bad ground.

·
Registered
1992 MR2 SW20 NA
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Oh, yeah the 3 lights were just on till i turned engine off, now they're gone even CEL, just the oil low pressure and door open are lit at ignition on or cranking.

·
2,310 Posts
Yes, she already had the 3pc spoiler when i got her.

I'm using hydraulic PS, the pumps' pulley is connected to the pulley of (Iam not sure if thats) the water pump right on top of the AC compressor, its really home made, I'll send you a pic soon. :)

We have done ball joints, ends links and rear shock struts and at one time we tried deleting the stabilizer links so the sway bars won't move or squeak. No luck there also. I'll try strut mounts next.

What a relief, I don't have the HFH, HFHOE and non interference engine! Whew...

My mistake, the flags are so small on my cell phone, got confused with red or white stars. Sure wish i could visit your majestic fjords someday.
The spoiler was optional with the G.

That's one way of doing it. Very complex but I guess if someone managed to make it work then cool.

Hard to know what the knocking is with being at the car and you've replaced a lot of parts that it could be.

Yes, much more simple the 3SGE.

All good. Our flags look very similar, hard to tell when they are so small here.

·
Registered
1992 MR2 SW20 NA
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well my mechanic didn't come so I'll have to work on my car on each detail you guys told me and hopefully i find something. Thanks for your help everyone, will post any developments...

21 - 25 of 25 Posts