MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like the title says what would you guys recommend for my mr2's down-pipe and exhaust

-exhaust must be duel-

thanks

·
Master of Twos R Us
21,767 Posts
Check out my pre-purchase sale on KO products in the vendor section.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just how loud is the ko racing 4" muffler in deci?
KO Racing Downpipe and 3 Inch TKO Package (only package deal with the 6" or 7"?)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im still kinda new what is the wideband for? on the ko exhaust

think its the EGT fuel/air?

·
Turtle Racer
16,058 Posts
the exhaust doesn't come with wideband, the bung is for a probe if you have a wideband kit. It measures AFR's better (since it acually measures the ratio) in comparison to EGT's which measure the temperature so you can determine whether it running lean or rich.

·
Registered
904 Posts
go with the cheapest full 3" mandrel bent you can find, unless you are in to asthetics, then go with what you like the sound and look of the best. personal opinion the garage fukui is the best looking & sounding exhaust for the mr2 and it is 3" then get a 3" dp and you are set....... but it = $$$$$

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so the EGT measure if your running rich or lean but then what does the wideband port do exactly? not sure if you already answered my question.. -Boz -_-

·
Turtle Racer
16,058 Posts
xpyoda said:
so the EGT measure if your running rich or lean but then what does the wideband port do exactly? not sure if you already answered my question.. -Boz -_-
the wideband port is just an opening to place the wideband probe in if you have one. it is the same thing as an EGR "bung" where you place the egr probe in if you have it.

mr2dude2000 said:
KOracing's 3 in downpipe, and 3 in exhaust w/ 7 in. has my vote!
correct me if i'm wrong (but i don't think i am), KOR doens't sell a 3" downpipe. They only have the one they sell with their SBxx kits. which i also believe uses a vband connection.

^ which is why i said the aussie dp + one of KOR's 3" exhausts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Boz said:
the wideband port is just an opening to place the wideband probe in if you have one. it is the same thing as an EGR "bung" where you place the egr probe in if you have it.

correct me if i'm wrong (but i don't think i am), KOR doens't sell a 3" downpipe. They only have the one they sell with their SBxx kits. which i also believe uses a vband connection.

^ which is why i said the aussie dp + one of KOR's 3" exhausts

You could be right (and I think you are). I did buy the SB Kit so it did come with a 3 in downpipe. I thought the package below had the 3 inch down pipe but it doesn't specify.

KO Racing Downpipe and 3 Inch TKO Package
TKO and downpipe w/ wideband port $1030

·
Turtle Racer
16,058 Posts
yeah, the one they list on their site is for their 2.5" one that you usually see on the board with hpc coating. still a great combo either way, heh

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so should i just go with one of their exhaust without a port?

·
Master of Twos R Us
21,767 Posts
The wideband port is used for dyno tuning or for street tuning a standalone EMS. With the newer wideband systems available, you can also use it get a true measure of what kind of AFRs you are running. Most people will never use it, but it's a nice thing to have just in case you get the point that you're using a wideband. The port is in the downpipe, not the exhaust system (yes, the downpipe is part of the exhaust system, but they are two different products).

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
o wow this answered it all thnx

KO racing is a real well known and trusted of the mr2 community huh?
in short - just go with them?

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
KOR and twosrus are both trusted, valuable members of our community.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts