MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my car and the kid told me when I bought it that before I drive it, I need to torque the rear axle to spec. OK, I'm looking at the BGB and there are many components of the rear axle. Taking a stab at what this kid means, should i just torque all the nuts and bolts of the rear axle components or what?

Kevin

·
Premium Member
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was looking at and I'm like rear axle? rear everything for the axle is more like it. The 3S was swapped in when I bought it and not finished so if there is any disasssembly with the swap procedure then those are the nuts/bolts I need to tackle.

On the swap, is there a need to take apart the rear axle?

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
SwpdMR2 said:
That's what I was looking at and I'm like rear axle? rear everything for the axle is more like it. The 3S was swapped in when I bought it and not finished so if there is any disasssembly with the swap procedure then those are the nuts/bolts I need to tackle.

On the swap, is there a need to take apart the rear axle?
Perhaps he had it apart, and did not have a torque wrench to put it back to spec.

Better get out the ol' torque wrench and double check everything just to be sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.