MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today at my high school I was leaving for lunch, in my red mr2 all of a sudden a lady starts freakin' out about me going over 5mph, which I was right at 5mph, no joke. After I get back from lunch a good friend of mine is getting written up for going through a mud pit at school in his blazer. I go over and talk to him and the lady(who came out of nowhere again) grabs me and makes me talk to the principal about wreckless driving. I was threatned with suspension and los of parking privelages along with a police report. the thing that pissed me off the most was that all the lady was saying was that I had a red sports car, and thats why I was speeding. Luckily I was able to talk myself out of it, but why can someone basically get me in a ton of crap just because they thought I was speeding. She didn't have a radar gun, or anything to judge my speed against. This school is pretty cracked isn't it? I couldn't beleive it, I think it was mainly because of the car. Peace

·
R.I.P. Red
3,906 Posts
I would ask her to prove that you were going over 5mph. I have used the excuse at my school that its very hard for me to go 5mph since I had a stick.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Well if you're going to get in trouble anyway, you may as well do a nice big smokey burnout and a few donuts for them to enjoy.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Oh man I get crap all the time. When I drive up hills and stuff in neighborhoods, I'll usually just leave it in 2nd and wait to shift until the top of the hill. By that time my rpm's will be at around 4k or so. Since I have such a huge exhaust and its so loud, people thing I'm going outrageously fast and people will come running down their driveways yelling at me to slow down (as I slowly creep past). :D

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
wallcrawlr said:
life isnt fair... ;)

The sooner you learn this, the better off you'll be :thumbup

·
Registered
876 Posts
your a kid in highschool... guilty before proven innocent... i had my own disputes back in the day, and thats when i started looking up city ordinances and laws to shut them up reeeaaaal quick.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Haha im in the same situation you are, Red 91 MR2 Turbo and in highschool lol i go about 2 mph just so that doesn't happen lol... I can't believe she got that pissed over 5 mph though.

·
Registered
262 Posts
i also have a red 91 gen 3 turbo. one day i got pulled over for speeding on my university campus. when the cop came to the door he asked me what the speed limit was on campus. i thought it was 25 so that is what i was doing. it turns out that the speed limit is 15 on my campus. he said he got me doing 40 in a 15. he then also gave me a ticket for not wearing a seat belt for a grand total of $300. luckily i have a apexi avc-r that can monitor speed and a camera in my car. i switched to the speed monitor and took a picture of it with the cop in the picture.

long story short, i took it to court and won since the speed monitor only said like 30 km/h i think which was only 26mph. and as an added bonus, since you can't get pulled over and given a ticket just for not wearing a seatbelt, that got thrown out as well.

Rob

·
Registered
646 Posts
Man same thing with me but I just pissed them off more. I have a 91T and an SSQV hehe. I used to blow off all over campus used to scare the crap out of the teachers and students. HAHA

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Andoman66 said:
Today at my high school I was leaving for lunch, in my red mr2 all of a sudden a lady starts freakin' out about me going over 5mph, which I was right at 5mph, no joke. After I get back from lunch a good friend of mine is getting written up for going through a mud pit at school in his blazer. I go over and talk to him and the lady(who came out of nowhere again) grabs me and makes me talk to the principal about wreckless driving. I was threatned with suspension and los of parking privelages along with a police report. the thing that pissed me off the most was that all the lady was saying was that I had a red sports car, and thats why I was speeding. Luckily I was able to talk myself out of it, but why can someone basically get me in a ton of crap just because they thought I was speeding. She didn't have a radar gun, or anything to judge my speed against. This school is pretty cracked isn't it? I couldn't beleive it, I think it was mainly because of the car. Peace
thats why the world is going to hell, everybody over reacting, just like when the cops handcuff a 5 year old kid WTF

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
yup kinda irritating isnt it, i had an old man litterally run in front of my 91 n/a and tell me too slow down, i was going 25kmph in a 30 zone 12 feet from my drive way. f-ing retards.

·
R.I.P. Red
3,906 Posts
People are over reacting about everything now adays. I used to ride my dads Sport ATV around the neighborhood (WE made it street legal) and one time a lady waved me down. She told me I needed to get it off the road. (Dont forget it had a license plate) and said I was going way to fast any way. I looked down at the speedo that we had hooked up. Hit a few buttons to pull up the max speed and showed her that I was only doing 27 in the 30 mph zone. She shut up real quick and gave me dirty looks when ever I drove by. I always made sure to down shift and make it really loud by her :D

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
my schools the total opposite ... when i first got my car i used to peel out all the time turning out of teh school parking lot, untill i realized im just being an idiot typical teen driver, but back to the point haha i would do it everyday and no one cared no one even gave me a look or said anything to me.

·
Premium Member
2,254 Posts
oh my HS used to be like that the first week i had my MR2 my assitant principle pulled that ____ on me. course being stubborn as i was that afternoon i took the 90 deg exit of our school half sideways to spite her. Needless to say lost parking for the last 2 weeks of school, but the look on her face was awsome! i wish i had a camera. oh and my buddy with a 95 firebird gave me a ride to school after that. so worth it!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts