MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this a few days ago and got one response that I appreciate, but wasn't exactly helpful cause I've spent an hour with bright lights, in all positions, with an inspection mirror and I can't see anything...further more I can't put a limb anywhere near the engine block in that area to feel for anything...so my previous request stands...help...read on: "Hello all, a week or so ago I'm the one who posted the pic of the mysterious green connector, that many of you were kind enough to help me with it's purpose. I've got an ecu code telling me I've got problems with my #1 knock sensor. Someone said it should be located between 3 & 4 cylinders, below the intake manifold....well...with everything else in place I have not been able to locate said sensor...I mean it's crowded in there!!!! In any attempt to prove that the mystery connector is in fact for the knock sensor.. My question is, can anyone help me with a step by step discription of the easiest way to clear a path to plugging in the knock sensor connection, meaning the fewest things to remove and re-install in the effort to reconnect the knock sensor..where ever it may be hidden....Many Thanks in Advance!"

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,

Maybe I didn't say it was a supercharged, cause Brando seems to have the best advice I've received so far...I was getting worried I'd never figure this out....and I reaaaally didn't want to go in there blind...it's been bad enough getting this running again as it is...Many thanks again...

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
casualsax3 said:
I thought the starter was on the exhaust side on the SC's as well.
nope intake side, and brandooo is right... only way to easily get to it is by removing the starter, but lucily that isn't bad, it will come out with the s/c pipes still attached.

Josh

·
Registered
14,004 Posts
Is your car throwing a a code? It will throw a code 52 if the knock sensor is diconnected, faulty. or missing.

If that is the plug you might have the possibility that the knock sensor is broken in half or missing all together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts