MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
re: Wobbly side mirrors

My driver side mirror is annoying the hell out of me. Whenever I sit at a traffic light I notice it. I'd open the window and secure it with my hand.

Right after I roll up the window (crank!), it'd stay put for a second. As soon as the window is closed fully, the thing starts shaking its shiny surface, almost as if it's mocking me.

I'm telling you, the thing is evil. EVIL.

So yesterday I finally got around to it. I took out the three screws here, detached the mirror from the body. Couldn't seem to find the rest of the screws internally that you can tighten (from the mr2.com guide)

I searched already:

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=49869&highlight=side+mirror

http://www.mr2.com/TEXT/ShakeyMirror.txt

Any tips is greatly appreciated in the epic battle of man vs the evil wobbly mirror from hell.

·
Registered
717 Posts
believe it or not, I actually had the same issue and ended up riveting the thing in place.......... :S its solid, wont even move a bit. however its kinda complicated if my mirrors fail anytime soon, hopefully not. ... :p

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
there;s a skrew that actually goes directly in the center, behind the tweeter, do you have that one?

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
there's 4,
3 - triangle layout and one in the center of the mirror, it's held in by a slot not a full hole. thats the one that supports it mainly.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Yeah the 2 screws that hold the tweeter also hold the mirror.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I have pulled the mirror off as well, all the screws that hold the mirror to the body are secure, but the mirror inside the housing is wobbly...I also can't figure out how to get at the internals of the mirror itself.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
:clumsy: ohh someone's gotta solve this mystery! .. I have 2 sets of mirrors (one on the car, and one spare) and BOTH driver side mirrors WIGGLE LIKE CRAZY!!!!

drives me crazy! .. it is evil!

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The wobbling saga continues...

At least I only have one side compared to hawkmn. I can't imagine what drivers behind him must think.

Why are both of the mirrors wobbling on the car in front? Um... maybe. Ew. Guess the guy must be REALLY excited to be driving that thing.

jk =D

Since the original post I've tried stuffing something to at least wedge the mirror securely in place. It's ghetto, but it does work. Hoping for a permanent fix though...

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
on my driver side the mirror housing is fine, its the actual mirror it self that vibrates....doesnt bother me though, i dont use mirrors... :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
110 Posts
sw204me said:
on my driver side the mirror housing is fine, its the actual mirror it self that vibrates.
This can be very easily fixed by adjusting the screws at the bottom of the mirror housing. Cured the problem for me.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
what if the screw's are already tightened :) .. that's my prob !

·
Registered
110 Posts
hawkmn said:
what if the screw's are already tightened :) .. that's my prob !
If they're not horribly tight, just try tightening them up a bit more. Mine were also quite tight already.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts