MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to replace radiator but obviously discontinued. Anyone know of a good aftermarket? As for Mishimoto mmrad-mr2-90, I understand that it’swider by 4 inches and the NA fan won’t fit. Any proven way to fabricate a fitting shroud or purchase one? Don’t really want to shell out $200 for their own mishi fan..appreciate any help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Was also thinking Mishimoto radiator plus mr2 turbo shrouds? I assume I need the rear turbo shrouds? Or do I need the turbo fans as well?

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
Wow mishimoto is really all you can get these days, I can't believe it.

I would try to find a used radiator locally if not then try MR2 heaven. OEM NA/Turbo Radiators ? MR2Enthusiast

Or you could try a radiator shop if one still exists in your area, they may be able to repair your radiator.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Fun fact, the NA manual radiator is the smallest, the NA Auto and the turbo are the same size and part number.
I don't think they made aftermarket aluminium NA manual small radiators so not much of a choice.

Also have a look at all the aftermarket units, they all look the same no matter which brand name or unbranded one you buy.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I’ve replaced my NA radiator with a turbo one. The NA radiator has plastics shrouds on each side. The turbo radiator will fit in there if you remove the plastic shrouds. It’s not that difficult to do.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Was the turbo radiator a tight squeeze? I think the Mishimoto is 29.8” and seems like the area is 30”

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve replaced my NA radiator with a turbo one. The NA radiator has plastics shrouds on each side. The turbo radiator will fit in there if you remove the plastic shrouds. It’s not that difficult to do.
Did you have to buy aftermarket fans? I brought one by mistake but the fan doesn't line up correctly. Any other modifications required?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts