MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
well that rules out almost any bucket seat....now you have about 3356546546 other diff models/brands to sift through. Your question is pretty vague IMHO, and due to personal preference, there will probably be a very wide variety of answers....
Try narrowing it down a bit...

·
Registered
608 Posts
i had a set of momo corse buckets in my crx and IMO they sat better than any stock AND aftermarket seat i have sat in. but the cons to those are they are buckets.

·
T67 SW20
1,170 Posts
I have Sparco Milanos and they are great. Great lateral and lumbar support also mm adjustable and reclines if need be. Can't recline that much in a MR2.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
I got some bride copies that are really comfey, the 4 points dont make them comfey but the seats are. my suggetion would be to sit in a few differnt ones before you buy them. I know with my brother turinos they kill your lower back on road trips. If I get around to it tommorw I can get some pics

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
For the racing or street seat, I like Bride Gias the most. Its designing is between street and bucket race seat. It looks comfortable but the price will kill you!!! I believe it costs ~$1,700 a SEAT!!! Man, I really want to get it for my car but for that price I rather go with a pair of Recaro seats. Here the pictures:

If anyone has this in your MR2, would you please post a picture for me to see?

JDMR2TT

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
With that 1 Bride seat + rail + slider + shipping could easily hit up to $2K....It looks sweet but It's just too much for a seat IMO.

JDMR2TT

·
Registered
657 Posts
STATUS racing has a new reclinable seat coming out...with the option of it being molded out of carbon fiber...it was at the SEMA show
and the price might not be so bad either

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have Recaro SRD's in my MR2 and they are incredibly comfortable, but won't save you "too" much weight over the stock seats if that is a concern. The side and seat bolsters are really large and thick, so the seats keep you in place as good as a bucket seat would.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Dersch said:
STATUS racing has a new reclinable seat coming out...with the option of it being molded out of carbon fiber...it was at the SEMA show
and the price might not be so bad either
i would think the price would be way up there, my buddy has status seats and they are carbon fiber non-reclinable bucket seats, 2500 a piece. and the memory foam inserts avalible for them are 800 a piece. lucky for him he has a sponsorship and only pad 2500 for the pair...idk what he is paying for the inserts though.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
corbeau seats suck, at least the forza's. Its a steel frame with springs...long story short, 20 minute drive = springs in your back poking you really bad. The kirkey seat I had was very comfortable imo, but the way it was designed....not good for daily driving because getting in\out of the car was quite tricky. I'm gonna get a recaro or something here shortly....but $ has been going to our race car :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts