MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Has anyone tried RaceLogic TC (RLTC) on Mr2?

I would think MR setup would be great to have RLTC.

I know it benefit Supra TT a lot, as a matter of fact, it is almost like magic. But, i never heard of anyone has it on MR2..

Anyone?

Thanks

-jjc.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Triad.: said:
I think Lander has one as well...

Sorry, no traction control from Racelogic. I was thinking about it because it has good launch control system, but it is very expensive unit.
Now I am thinking to buy SMT-7, which has also launch control, but also it is able to change maf to map.

Lander

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
capslockd said:
i think medpilot had it on one of his cars. i talked to him about it one time, he had all good things to say (but i'm not 100% sure its the racelogic...)
I have the Autronic SM2 traction and launch control. No experience with Racelogic.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have the Racelogic unit and it works very well in the twisties (tames power-oversteer). I haven't really been able to test straight-line drag style launches with it yet, as it is a very configurable unit and takes time to fine-tune (it's like a small EMS). The default values were cutting too much power and hurting my spool between gears, so I have simply disabled the straight-line feature for now (you can reduce/increase or completely disable the TC for straight-line acceleration via a straight-line modifier). As soon as I have some time, I am going to play with the straight-line modifier to see how much it helps with drag launches. From what I can tell so far, I imagine it will work really well.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi LandJet,

From supra tt memebers, they were saying you can WOT & doing full turn (steering wheel all the way to one direction) in the rain, and the car would "dance" and still keep you in perfect circular motion...

Is that also true with MR2?

or, at least, can RLTC make your 2 "dance" thru the corners?

"dance" = right before the limit of traction breaking lose..

-jjc.

·
Registered
456 Posts
You can think of the Racelogic TC doing for your gas pedal what ABS does for your brake pedal. It keeps your tires at their maximum grip level, allowing you to plant your foot, and still maintain control of the car during cornering, or acceleration. However, it is not a Vehicle Stability Control system, which goes a step further and will acutally apply braking pressure to certain wheels to keep the car from spinning if you enter a turn too fast. It is more like a F1 type TC, adjustable, which lets you select how much wheel spin you want. Take a look at http://www.racelogic.co.uk/traction/adjust.htm and http://www.racelogic.co.uk/traction/driftadjust.htm

So, yes, this system can give you 0% slip, for wet conditions, where rears tires are not allowed to spin, to 10, 15 or more % of slip, which will let the rear end slide out more, to 90% slip in their drift system! Look at the 3 car images on this page for what the different slip levels give you as far as dancing goes... http://www.racelogic.co.uk/traction/index.htm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts