MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Q: aiming for 300 hp, how much would i benefit from head work?

car is for autox, so spool and lowend response are very important. should i just leave everything stock and just resurface the head?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
eggbeater59 said:
Q: aiming for 300 hp, how much would i benefit from head work?

car is for autox, so spool and lowend response are very important. should i just leave everything stock and just resurface the head?
A general rule of theumb is that when you port the head, you are usually trading some low end response for even more top end power. That isn't always the case, but if you get a shop that just like to open everything way up, then it will probably hurt your bottom end some.

I'm not sure if you're looking for 300 whp or crank HP. If you're looking for 300 whp, then you will probably need to sacrifice some bottom end performance to get the top end breathing needed at that level.

FYI - I have not built a 300 whp MR2, but I do have a 300+ whp Evo (350+ Dynojet whp) sitting in the garage. YMMV.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i see... well i'll probably save that $$$ and put it towards a new flywheel or something then. i hope to dominate the cones with 300 awhp. i want to come as close as possible if i can't break the barrier.

maybe the car could benefit from a 100 shot :angel:

j\k

1 - 3 of 3 Posts