MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bill,
How versed are you w/ the small port engine. My engine is on it's last leg....or quart.... I have found a cheap small port and am trying to figure out what is needed to convert to the map sensor. Any Ideas on this?

Now that I am living here, I havn't seen you on the roads at all. My car is off the road right now due to some taillight gremlins. I just havn't had the motivation to drop the steering column to get back at the stop sensor. I will prob. do that soon though. I am just bidding my time till the house in Myrtle Beach is sold, then I will have some time to start the engine change.

If you see a green 95 4runner waving at you, it's me.

Anthony

·
Administrator
42,297 Posts
you need to get the whole D-Jetronic system. Someone in england should be able to get this for you, but it will cost a bit.
Or just convert to L-Jetronic. It works very well. I ran mine like that foir quite a while

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! The extra ponie would still be nice! Did the 89, 90, Corolla GTS have the D-jetronic w/ the MAP? I was touring a few bone yards today looking for one, there were plenty of 4afe, but none of the GTS's. I have never checked out a MAP sensor system before, so I am a little clueless as to the differences.

The main thing I was trying to avoid is redoing the harness, I can handle a few connectors, but much else scares the HE!! out of me!

Anthony

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I sure am glad the *real* Bill answered up. I'm afraid I wouldn't have been of much help! ;)

You haven't seen me much because I've been spending all of my dman time at work! Been doing 60 hour work weeks since the beginning of the year. I did manage to get out to Fort Mill to an AutoX last Sunday, though...

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
So how did the autocross go?

I got out to the car tonight and got the brake light going. My 6 month old stop sensor switch went bad. I just love dropping the steering column and drivers dash panels!

So now I get to go spay for mosquitoes again!!

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
wave said:
So now I get to go spay for mosquitoes again!!
How do you get their little legs apart? :D

I think it's a great idea to keep those little buggers (pun intended) from reproducing, if you can...

The AutoX was fun, fun, fun!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts