MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These obviously won't last long, I doubt they will live through the week, but I thought I would give the skinney on their location since they are in such demand.

Call Larry at Endyn:

excerpt from his site:

The order lines are open Monday through Thursday from 10:00AM until 12:00PM and from 1:30PM until 3:00PM. On Fridays the lines are open from 10:00AM until 12:00PM. The phone lines are not answered from 12:00PM on Friday until 10:00AM on Monday. All times are CST.

The phone lines default to voice mail when they are busy. We attempt to return all calls when messages are provided.

Our telephone number is 817-924-9334. Our FAX number 817-924-9557.

·
I aint afraid of no boost
4,550 Posts
Medpilot said:
These obviously won't last long, I doubt they will live through the week, but I thought I would give the skinney on their location since they are in such demand.

Call Larry at Endyn:

excerpt from his site:

The order lines are open Monday through Thursday from 10:00AM until 12:00PM and from 1:30PM until 3:00PM. On Fridays the lines are open from 10:00AM until 12:00PM. The phone lines are not answered from 12:00PM on Friday until 10:00AM on Monday. All times are CST.

The phone lines default to voice mail when they are busy. We attempt to return all calls when messages are provided.

Our telephone number is 817-924-9334. Our FAX number 817-924-9557.
This is the HELICAL unit? Argh!!!!!! I wish I had the spare funds!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They should, it's just a ring gear difference. 3.93:1 as opposed to the 4.29:1 ring gear. Basically a solara Tranny ratio and it will fit that box

·
Registered
152 Posts
Medpilot said:
They should, it's just a ring gear difference. 3.93:1 as opposed to the 4.29:1 ring gear. Basically a solara Tranny ratio and it will fit that box
Nah, that's not the only difference. Quite a bit is dimensionally different in the Gen3 gearbox.

A friend tried to fit a Quiafe one to his Gen3 and it wouldn't. It transpired that they didn't make one for the Gen3. I've been speaking to the guys at Quaife for some time about this (remember, they're a UK company!), and at least up to a month ago, there wasn't anything for the Gen3. However, they were prepared to look into it for me. I just wondered if the Quaife diffs you guys get are made under license over there, in which case there might be a slim chance that there *is* an option for the Gen3.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
guys, i spoke with Quaife and they are under the impression that it should fit all year SW20 boxes. However, they said if there was any uncertainty then someone should ship them a gen 3 box and they will fit it for us. I propose, unless someone can provide undeniable evidence one way or the other, that someone in CA send in a gen 3 box for us so we can get a definitive answer. Waht do you guys think? Anyone have a "donor" box for us?

V/R,
Steven

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I should also post the price on the ones ENDYN has as well: $1150.00 I think that direct from Quaife is $1245, so $100 savings as well. Pretty good deal I think.
Tyson

·
Registered
152 Posts
mr2azzkicker said:
guys, i spoke with Quaife and they are under the impression that it should fit all year SW20 boxes. However, they said if there was any uncertainty then someone should ship them a gen 3 box and they will fit it for us. I propose, unless someone can provide undeniable evidence one way or the other, that someone in CA send in a gen 3 box for us so we can get a definitive answer. Waht do you guys think? Anyone have a "donor" box for us?

V/R,
Steven
Did you speak to Quaife UK?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
i pretty much told you everything they said so..... all i can say is lets take them up on their offer and see what happens.

·
Registered
152 Posts
mr2azzkicker said:
i pretty much told you everything they said so..... all i can say is lets take them up on their offer and see what happens.
Yeah, I agree. I've been trying to source a stock Gen3 Viscous LSD to lend Quiafe so that they can look into it further. I've got someone that might be able to lend me one, but we'll see...

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Call ENDYN and see if he would "loan" you one under the condition that you buy it and return it if it doesn't fit. Just a thought.
Tyson

1 - 18 of 18 Posts