MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
It's been a long time since I've had a chance to touch anything on my car, so I thought I'd share the progress I made today. You can't really tell from this first picture but it says may 04 on the license plate :(. Anyway here's a shot of the car without the motor.

I've still got to get the axle machined and connect several things, but the bulk of it is now done :D.

Hopefully the car will be running by the end of the week, and then I'll be able to get started on the turbo setup . It's amazing just how good of a fit this engine really is.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Nice!!!!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Looks sharp - My car is at least month away from being a running v6 conversion - but the "to do" list is getting shorter.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Randy, thanks for everything. I had Ricky update the firmware and i think the maps were erased off the ecu. you dont still happen to have them do you?

Node, I may take you up on that. I will be remote mounting the turbo setup and I have some pretty cool ideas right now. I just need it to run first. I'm looking in the ball park of a PT63. Should be ok at 7psi until I can take the motor out and build it.

3SGTEMR2T I think you're still confusing me with Berk Technology, but my name is Berty <Bear-Tea> and I own The Speed Factor.

Kylescha you can have a ride right as soon as it's running and tuned.

btw, I just wanted to comment that those are Supra TT wheels with 275's in the rear and NO SPACER :D. it's a very tight fit, but my spacers havent come in yet.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
No problem buddy. When you are ready, let me know and Ill have some head flanges made up. The water jet can cut past 1/2" thick so no more flange warpage. Maybe once you are ready, you could come by to one of our local meets and we could fab up the manifold for you in 3 or 4 hrs then throw it in the trunk for you to install after you get back to VA.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Berty, I'll grab the maps off my other computer tomorrow. They should still be there. Hopefully the old maps work with the new firmware. Worst case you load them up on some old software and transfer them manually.

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
3SGTEMR2T I think you're still confusing me with Berk Technology, but my name is Berty <Bear-Tea> and I own The Speed Factor.

sorry boss ..I've been sick and not in my right mind!!! But i still remember I bought that Valve cover from you ! LOL!:)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
from what I've seen the most boost I'm going to be able to run on this will be 7psi; 9psi if i want to push it. I'm looking at somthing in the range of a PT63 (I plan to build the motor once everything is running properly) in a pretty unusual remote mount setup. Is there anything near the efficiency of inconel for heat shielding thats not quite as expensive? If not, does anyone know how much it runs?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts